Recruiting

[quote="PSUwx97, post:7433, topic:27"]It appears Dwayne Cohill is coming in for another visit this weekend.[/quote]

hmmmm…i beginning to get a good feeling about Cohill

Me too. Robby Carmody and Cohill are AAU teammates and have known each other since third grade. Landing the two of them would be a huge coup.

Would we take both of them? We really need some size in the 2018 class. I guess Dread is considered a small forward (although he is only 6’4"), but we will be near-empty at the 4 and 5 positions by 2018. I guess if we would take both of these guards, we still have a couple schollies to hand to bigs … but I’d just like to lock up some beef first (in a perfect world).

We have 5 scholarships available for 2018 right now (that’s if we don’t fill our new 2017 opening or we take on a grad transfer for 17-18). Taking on Carmody, Dread, Cohill is possible. We would still have spots for size.

His recruitment is very quiet at the moment, not just on our end but with everyone. His last known visit is to Seton Hall end of August if I’m not mistaken. I would be quite surprised if we didn’t reach out to him at all in that period, but he seems to be taking the process slowly. There’s nothing wrong with that, but that it’s hard to gauge just how much of a chance we have at landing Littles since he’s taking it so patiently.

Carmody on campus this weekend as well per Corey Evans’ twitter.

Cohill has taken 6 unofficial visits according to 247 Sports:
PENN STATE - June 12, 2015
PENN STATE - Sept 12, 2015
WEST VIRGINIA - Sept 26, 2015
OHIO STATE - May 15, 2016
PENN STATE - Sept 3, 2016
PENN STATE - Oct 22, 2016

If the saying, ‘watch what they do, not what they say’ holds true here… especially when he’s also saying the same thing, then count me in as optimistic.

Visitor List for the weekend:

2018 Commit: Myles Dread
2018 Prospect: Robby Carmody
2018 Prospect: Dwayne Cohill
2019 Prospect: Armando Bacot
2020 Prospect: Isaiah Todd

Is Cohill similar to Carr in that he’s more of a game manager and distributor or is he more of a scoring point guard with a nice shot?

Most programs are recruiting him as a shooting guard so i would say he’s not similar to Carr.

That was probably a good game for the recruits to be at…

Also, did anyone see the banner that Legion Of Blue had with all the names of the team on it? I’m sure the recruits enjoyed seeing how much love the bball team gets.

If they made it through the cold and rain, pretty good experience for a recruit weekend.

[quote=“SpreadHDGFX, post:7450, topic:27”]That was probably a good game for the recruits to be at…

Also, did anyone see the banner that Legion Of Blue had with all the names of the team on it? I’m sure the recruits enjoyed seeing how much love the bball team gets.[/quote]

Here it is.

Robby Carmody: “Trip was unbelievable. I loved everything about it.”.

You have to really, really like our chances.

Signs are promising with Cohill. Just hope we can close the door.

Bacot talks about his visit.

Free article on Bacot’s visit:
http://pennstate.247sports.com/Board/18/Contents/Bacot-impressed-with-Penn-State-48509375

Any word on if David McCormack made the trip? There was an article back in Sept saying he was planning on visiting.

4 Crystal Balls to Georgetown today…