PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Recruiting

I don’t see the old thread. There is a picture on Rivals Blue and White board of Taran and a point guard names Trey Lewis from Garfield Heights, Ohio. Class of 2011. Was he on last weeks list… I can’t remember not can I find it on the board.

He wasn’t in the old matrix but he was ID’ed when he attended the game last week.

The UL Matrix hasn’t been recovered yet.

FWIW, FOS photographer Harvey Levine snapped pictures of hoops recruits Steve Zack, Devante and Taran Buie and Robert Poole at the Syracuse game yesterday.

6’9" Steve ZacK was Jermaine Marshall’s teammate at Red Land. He’s in the 2011 class.

Robert Poole is a SG/SF at Paul VI in Haddonfield NJ. Also in the 2011 class.

#33 Robert Poole

Davonte Buie is more likely a 2012 baseball target than a basketball one.

This basketball blog reported “6’9 2011 Jr C Darren Washington will visit Penn State tomorrow (last weekend)”.

Washington is a transfer from Detroit Southeastern to Gabriel Richard HS in Ann Arbor.

Bernard Sullivan 2011 6-foot-7 forward from North Mecklenburg High School in Charlotte

Isn’t that Titus Ivory’s high school?

[quote="UncleLar, post:6, topic:27"][url=http://nationalhoopsreport.blogspot.com/2009/09/battle-of-classes-nc-kids-sweep.html]Bernard Sullivan 2011 6-foot-7 forward from North Mecklenburg High School in Charlotte[/url][/quote]

Isn’t that Titus Ivory’s high school?

Yep

I think this was a name mentioned on one of the old boards.

Girard hoopster Johnson commits to Pitt
By Keith Pompey
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

John Johnson is one of the state’s top 2 players in 2011. PSU offer. >:(

John Taylor '09 to Chipola.

Frantz Massenat '10 to Drexel.

Ryan Siggins '09 to DePaul (walk-on)

Jordan Berlin '10 to Ashland. (not in temporary matrix but discussed in Recruiting)

Cameron Black '10 to Bowling Green.

Sounds like this kid could be an easy sign if we wanted.

For Oakman, he's open to whatever major Division I school gives him an offer. "I'll take it," Oakman said. "I talk to St. Joe's [for basketball], but if I got a call from Penn State tomorrow, I'd sign immediately. If a big school offers, I'm there. I'm going, football or basketball."

Penn Wood’s 6’8" Shawn Oakman DE/TE (football) C (basketball)

[quote=“UncleLar, post:16, topic:27”]Sounds like this kid could be an easy sign if we wanted.

Penn Wood’s 6’8" Shawn Oakman DE/TE (football) C (basketball)[/quote]

He’s a junior now, so we’ll have some spots open. Sounds like a good kid. And pretty big too.

Ryan Arcidiacono 2012 guard from Neshaminy was at the game today per BWI.

I’m assuming he’s Nicole’s brother.

[quote="think1, post:18, topic:27"][url=http://bwi.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=990897]Ryan Arcidiacono[/url] 2012 guard from Neshaminy was at the game today per BWI.[/quote]

I’m assuming he’s Nicole’s brother.

That’s correct.