Recruiting Odds Game

What are the odds…

…we get McCombs? Bumpus? Majok?

…we keep the commitment of Trey Burke?

…we get Desmond Hubert?

…there is someone else we can get that no one is really talking about.

Just seems like we have a lot of insiders on this forum and I’m very interested as to where everyone thinks we stand on the recruiting trail.

P.S. Let’s try to keep the ED debate out of this. Por favor.

I’m just taking stabs at this.

McCombs, Bumpus, Majok: Majok seems to be the most talented out the three, then McCombs. PSU isn’t on Majok’s Scout or Rivals list, so I’d say he is the lowest? Bumpus requires the least competition of the three (LTech) vs McCombs (ASU, Mizzou, Minny, Arkansas).
Majok: <10%. Bumpus: 30%. McCombs: 25%

Trey Burke: Depends on current season A LOT. >50%?

Hubert: <1%

With Burke I think it helps that he knows Jamelle’s family. I believe Trey plays (or did play) with his brother.

Melle’s cousin. If I’m not mistaken Melle does have a younger brother though.

[quote="laoDan, post:3, topic:1047"]With Burke I think it helps that he knows Jamelle's family. I believe Trey plays (or did play) with his brother.[/quote]

A football recruit (to Indiana?) if I remember correctly. Thought he played basketball too, but could be wrong. I knew there was a Cornley on the team this year.

With Burke I think it helps that he knows Jamelle's family. I believe Trey plays (or did play) with his brother.

Melle bro is DE at IU

[quote="laoDan, post:3, topic:1047"]With Burke I think it helps that he knows Jamelle's family. I believe Trey plays (or did play) with his brother.[/quote]

He’s signed to play football for Indiana

Looked it up. Javon Cornley (Melle’e brother) played with Trey last year.

edit: Jakyl Cornley was on the team this year. I guess that is Melle’s cousin.

Javon Cornly is Melle’s bro and he plays DE for IU football.

Jakyl Cornley is Melle’s cousin and he plays for Northland this year. I think he’s a sophomore, but he might be a junior.

As far as the thread…

20% McCombs
50% Majok
15% Hubert (because we were in on him before everyone else)
90% Someone Else - that’s how it usually has been.

I’ll say we only get Bumpus of the above group.

Not sure about Burke.

95% we get someone else other than McCombs or Majok (no matter how much I’d like to see either in B&W)

[quote=“WishCurleyCared17, post:1, topic:1047”]What are the odds…

…we get Desmond Hubert?

Just seems like we have a lot of insiders on this forum and I’m very interested as to where everyone thinks we stand on the recruiting trail.

P.S. Let’s try to keep the ED debate out of this. Por favor.[/quote]Sorry if I missed it. Is Burke talking about looking around or something ?

[quote="WishCurleyCared17, post:1, topic:1047"]What are the odds...

…we get Desmond Hubert?

P.S. Let’s try to keep the ED debate out of this. Por favor.[/quote]Sorry if I missed it. Is Burke talking about looking around or something ?

I don’t think there is any real news from Burke. I think people are just guessing because PSU’s stock is down and his ( Burke’s) player rating seems to be rising that other schools may attempt to grab him from PSU.

…we get Desmond Hubert?

I don’t think there is any real news from Burke. I think people are just guessing because PSU’s stock is down and his ( Burke’s) player rating seems to be rising that other schools may attempt to grab him from PSU.

I’m betting if the Buckeyes ever make an offer he will jump instantly .

…we get Desmond Hubert?

They grabbed another PG from OH in that class.

…we get Desmond Hubert?

They grabbed another PG from OH in that class.

Turners scholly could open up another one for next year or down the road. Don’t think it will happen just saying there is a chance with 2 teammates heading there and Matta probably seeing him just as much as Ed.

Ohio State has scholarships to offer him. They just already have 2 PG’s signed (one for 2010, another for 2011). I thought this was part of the reason why we landed Burke in the first place. OSU was beating around the bush and made it known he was their plan B guy or whatever. And his teammate could be a one-and-done anyway.

We certainly could lose Burke and possibly to OSU, because who knows what happens with players down the road, but right now I’d say it’s unlikely.

[quote="battlesway2, post:16, topic:1047"]Turners scholly could open up another one for next year or down the road. Don't think it will happen just saying there is a chance with 2 teammates heading there and Matta probably seeing him just as much as Ed.[/quote]

Ohio State has scholarships to offer him. They just already have 2 PG’s signed (one for 2010, another for 2011). I thought this was part of the reason why we landed Burke in the first place. OSU was beating around the bush and made it known he was their plan B guy or whatever. And his teammate could be a one-and-done anyway.

We certainly could lose Burke and possibly to OSU, because who knows what happens with players down the road, but right now I’d say it’s unlikely.

I agree it’s highly unlikely but could be a possibility at some point.

Why so down on our possibilities? Cause theyr’e too good? Re Majok, his last official visit choice will tip his hand, IMO. If it’s PSU, things will be looking up. If he doesn’t visit, forget it.

Because we almost always get someone we don’t know. As good a job as the board does tracking down players that mention us, there are still a ton that slip through the cracks.

I bet we get 1 guy that we’ve mentioned, and 2 guys we don’t know about.