PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Quote of the Day

Jermaine Marshal on Battle:

“When he’s on, he’s on,” explained teammate Jermaine Marshall. “And he’s hard to turn off.”

Talor Battle as hes jogging off the court: “Hell yeah!”

Anyone else really enjoyed how well you can hear the on-court dialogue during the BTT so far? The mics must be turned up quite a bit - everything from the loud swats Jeff Brooks was making to the howling he and other players have done the last few days has me cracking up.

Also enjoy hearing Ed talking to players from the sidelines while the game is going on. It’s been a pretty awesome addition to the games for me.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:2124”]Anyone else really enjoyed how well you can hear the on-court dialogue during the BTT so far? The mics must be turned up quite a bit - everything from the loud swats Jeff Brooks was making to the howling he and other players have done the last few days has me cracking up.

Also enjoy hearing Ed talking to players from the sidelines while the game is going on. It’s been a pretty awesome addition to the games for me.[/quote]

Yes, agreed. I’m also incredibly stoked for the BTN’s Journey coverage. They have a 1 hour finale on Wed night chronicling the BT tourney. I would have to imagine there will be plenty of PSU airtime.

I saw the ads for the Journey too… journey on Wed, Game on Thurs/Fri. Going to have to crank up the DVR!!!

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:2124”]Anyone else really enjoyed how well you can hear the on-court dialogue during the BTT so far? The mics must be turned up quite a bit - everything from the loud swats Jeff Brooks was making to the howling he and other players have done the last few days has me cracking up.

Also enjoy hearing Ed talking to players from the sidelines while the game is going on. It’s been a pretty awesome addition to the games for me.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been enjoying it as well. During one of the games (perhaps vs. IU?), Battle had the ball with about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. He passed it to Frazier, who was wide open in the corner. Instead of shooting, Frazier dribbled and passed (ball was eventually stolen). But even before the pass, you could hear Battle yelling, “Shoot the G*& D@#% ball!” Luckily, Frazier listened to him for the MSU game :smiley:

[b]Anyone else really enjoyed how well you can hear the on-court dialogue during the BTT so far?[/b] The mics must be turned up quite a bit - everything from the loud swats Jeff Brooks was making to the howling he and other players have done the last few days has me cracking up.

Also enjoy hearing Ed talking to players from the sidelines while the game is going on. It’s been a pretty awesome addition to the games for me.

Yeah, I’ve been enjoying it as well. During one of the games (perhaps vs. IU?), Battle had the ball with about 10 seconds left on the shot clock. He passed it to Frazier, who was wide open in the corner. Instead of shooting, Frazier dribbled and passed (ball was eventually stolen). But even before the pass, you could hear Battle yelling, “Shoot the G*& D@#% ball!” Luckily, Frazier listened to him for the MSU game :smiley:

I know exactly the play you’re talking about, however I’m pretty sure it was Lewis Preston yelling it.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:3, topic:2124"][b]Anyone else really enjoyed how well you can hear the on-court dialogue during the BTT so far?[/b] The mics must be turned up quite a bit - everything from the loud swats Jeff Brooks was making to the howling he and other players have done the last few days has me cracking up.

I know exactly the play you’re talking about, however I’m pretty sure it was Lewis Preston yelling it.

Very well could have been - I think it was in front of the PSU bench. It didn’t look like Bubby had the expression that would have been appropriate with that comment, but it sounded like his voice. Preston makes more sense.