PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Quality of this Message Board

I don’t mean to brownnose and take up precious message board space, particularly during the season and especially during conference season, but can I just say that one of the reasons I chose to join is because among this site and the other PSU sports boards, this is by far the most civilized and entertaining. It seems that on other boards, like BWI, it’s an endless stream of cathartic laments without anything of real substance.

Plus, I find the obsession with football amusing. Never in any other field have I seen so many grown men take so seriously what somebody relatively foreign to them does.

[quote=“PSUClassof2011, post:1, topic:1852”]I don’t mean to brownnose and take up precious message board space, particularly during the season and especially during conference season, but can I just say that one of the reasons I chose to join is because among this site and the other PSU sports boards, this is by far the most civilized and entertaining. It seems that on other boards, like BWI, it’s an endless stream of cathartic laments without anything of real substance.

Plus, I find the obsession with football amusing. Never in any other field have I seen so many grown men take so seriously what somebody relatively foreign to them does.[/quote]
Welcome, as you already noted this board differentiates itself from the vast majority of internet boards.
I have been involved in this board for a long time(I believe 1999) . This board has an administrator that brings some expectations and standards to the table. Actually they are not too tough if your a person with a cup half full philosohy. One has plenty of latitude to disagree, just don’t do in a pissy way, or say things about college kids that you would never say to their face, or perhaps more importantly their mother. Seems reasonable to me. I make a few posts to BWI but when I do it is usually to tell some idiot that I think they are an idiot. On this board even when you hotly disagree with a member of the board it isn’t because they come across as an idiot. Wrong maybe but not flameing idiots.
Enjoy.

We also never speculate which helps a lot too. :wink:

A lot of that is due to this board being a relatively small community compared to the others, too.

I think the reason that we are the way we are is that we aren’t just Penn State fans we are Penn State Basketball fans. Most Penn Staters think that we only have a football team and that the time between BowL Season and Fall Practice is taken up by recruiting and Blue/White game.

I am a Penn State fan through and through, but I actually get excited when Basketball is back.