PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Purdue's having issues

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7586637/purdue-dismisses-kelsey-barlow-suspends-dj-byrd-following-bar-incident

I think that Purdue gives us the best chance for an away win this year. If the team can win one or two more at home and pull off a road win, I’ll consider this season a tremendous success.

Would have been nice to catch Purdue this upcoming week if Byrd is only out of a week. If he is gone when PSU plays them, I give PSU half a chance to get that road win.

Things aren’t exactly swell in Champaign right now either after Weber’s comments the other night.

They look like they are mailing it in against Nebraska. Two points in almost 11 minutes to trail 42-26.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:3090"]Things aren't exactly swell in Champaign right now either after Weber's comments the other night.[/quote]

They look like they are mailing it in against Nebraska. Two points in almost 11 minutes to trail 42-26.

Just turned it on…it was 24-16 Illinois with 8 and change left in the first half…over the next 11 minutes, they were outscored 26-2. Now it’s 36-4 and the Illini are down 52-28. Penn State’s road woes have nothing on the Illini.

Things haven’t been hunky-doory at Illinois since their 2005 run through the NCAA’s. Weber’s days look numbered. Too much talent on this team to sukk this bad.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:3090"]Things aren't exactly swell in Champaign right now either after Weber's comments the other night.[/quote]

Just turned it on…it was 24-16 Illinois with 8 and change left in the first half…over the next 11 minutes, they were outscored 26-2. Now it’s 36-4 and the Illini are down 52-28. Penn State’s road woes have nothing on the Illini.

Things haven’t been hunky-doory at Illinois since their 2005 run through the NCAA’s. Weber’s days look numbered. Too much talent on this team to sukk this bad.

Man, what a blowout.

Meyers Leonard crying.

At least he’s showing that he cares because the rest of them don’t appear to the way that they are playing.

[quote="PSUClassof2011, post:8, topic:3090"]Meyers Leonard crying.[/quote]

At least he’s showing that he cares because the rest of them don’t appear to the way that they are playing.

You can care without crying. I can’t stand the assumption that if you don’t show outward emotion (positive or negative), that you don’t care.

You can care without crying. I can’t stand the assumption that if you don’t show outward emotion (positive or negative), that you don’t care.

Logically, I don’t think that Lar was claiming anything of the sort.

Leonard struck me as the emotional type anyway, whether he’s crying out of care or not.

Shurna just became NW’s all time leading scorer. Wildcats doing pretty well against Minny in Chicago.

Logically, I don’t think that Lar was claiming anything of the sort.

Correct. He chose to ignore “the way that they are playing”.

Trey Burke. Wow.

Alright since we’re on it, I have a question to the board. Is it OK that I hate Trey Burke? And by hate I mean hate like I hate the Yankees or the Packers or Ohio State in general, not in a personal way just a sports way. You know what I mean. If I’m off base on this let me know, I can take it. It’s just that every time I see him play or listen to people glow about him, I want to puke.

I don’t have anything against him, but I do wish he came here obviously.

I just really hope we are able to make him regret his choice in a few seasons.

I’d say…

Burke's rainbow shot floated over All-America forward Jared Sullinger, hit high off the backboard and dropped through the net. Burke said he knew what kind of shot to take because he knew what to expect from Sullinger — his old high school teammate. "Jared likes to take a lot of charges, so I knew he would be looking for that instead of trying to block my shot," said Burke, who also had five assists. "I just wanted to pull up short and get it over him"

It’s amazing how all these kids know each other and their tendencies. Call me impressed with Burke’s play this season. I hope our Trey can stay healthy and we can see some of that magic from him as well.

It seemed to have been a frustrating year for our Trey. BUT, I believe he is a good talent. I expect him to have a fine season next year!

[quote="tjb, post:15, topic:3090"]Trey Burke. Wow.[/quote]

I’d say…

Burke's rainbow shot floated over All-America forward Jared Sullinger, hit high off the backboard and dropped through the net. Burke said he knew what kind of shot to take because he knew what to expect from Sullinger — his old high school teammate. "Jared likes to take a lot of charges, so I knew he would be looking for that instead of trying to block my shot," said Burke, who also had five assists. "I just wanted to pull up short and get it over him"

It’s amazing how all these kids know each other and their tendencies. Call me impressed with Burke’s play this season. I hope our Trey can stay healthy and we can see some of that magic from him as well.

It helps that Burke and Sullinger have been playing with each other since they were about five years old. You probably won’t find two guys tn college who know each other better.