Psustretch

In the news above re Chicago, PSUSTRETCH states that the pros are already looking hard at Talor Battle

Paul Klee from Champaign tells me one NBA scout told him that they are really looking hard at Battle this year.

If he has a better year this year than last, maybe 2nd team All American, how can he not be a top 20 pick? What was Flynn, 6th? As a Knick, he’d dominate the back pages of the NY papers. In D’Antoni’s offense, he’d score like crazy. Just what the Knicks need to resurrect their moribund team.

I thought that he promised Taran that he wouldn’t bolt to the pros early? It would be hard to turn down the millions if thats what he’s looking at, but we’ll see.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:1, topic:170"]If he has a better year this year than last, maybe 2nd team All American, how can he not be a top 20 pick?[/quote] I thought that he promised Taran that he wouldn't bolt to the pros early? It would be hard to turn down the millions if thats what he's looking at, [b]but we'll see.[b]

Yes, we will.

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:1, topic:170”]In the news above re Chicago, PSUSTRETCH states that the pros are already looking hard at Talor Battle

Paul Klee from Champaign tells me one NBA scout told him that they are really looking hard at Battle this year.

If he has a better year this year than last, maybe 2nd team All American, how can he not be a top 20 pick? What was Flynn, 6th? As a Knick, he’d dominate the back pages of the NY papers. In D’Antoni’s offense, he’d score like crazy. Just what the Knicks need to resurrect their moribund team.[/quote]

Ugh, Talor as a Knick.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:1, topic:170"]If he has a better year this year than last, maybe 2nd team All American, how can he not be a top 20 pick?[/quote] I thought that he promised Taran that he wouldn't bolt to the pros early? It would be hard to turn down the millions if thats what he's looking at, [b]but we'll see.[b]

Yes, we will.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I’d bet Taran would let Talor out of that “agreement” if Talor had a chance to be drafted.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:1, topic:170"]In the news above re Chicago, PSUSTRETCH states that the pros are already looking hard at Talor Battle

If he has a better year this year than last, maybe 2nd team All American, how can he not be a top 20 pick? What was Flynn, 6th? As a Knick, he’d dominate the back pages of the NY papers. In D’Antoni’s offense, he’d score like crazy. Just what the Knicks need to resurrect their moribund team.[/quote]

Ugh, Talor as a Knick.

Oh, they’re awful, but he could really help them, and it least there’s coverage, though don’t know about it being covered in PA. But would you rather him on New Orleans, Memphis, Portland, where you’d never see him play, except on espn highlights?
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'd bet Taran would let Talor out of that "agreement" if Talor had a chance to be drafted.

Chance? Where will he be ranked as pg if he outplays Lucas twice? Maybe ahead of him for once? Think you will see Harris go into the draft, maybe Evan Turner, Lucas, Hummel, Buford, possibly a few other guys. Staying 4 years didn’t help Neitzel.

If Battle shoots 80% from the line and 40% from 3, then I’d start to wonder about the NBA, but even then not be all that concerned.

I don’t think the Knicks have a first rounder in 2010. Wasn’t that part of the Marbury fiasco? I think it was protected for several years but not 2010.

Knowing the dysfunctional Knicks, you’re probably right. In fact, I think I heard they were short picks, but wasn’t sure when. Guess I’ll just have to spring for the NBA network. Probably costs a bundle, and it’d be the only games I’d watch. Of course, maybe 2011. Knicks probably blew that one too. Kinda hard to build a team when you can’t draft players.

[quote="laoDan, post:8, topic:170"]I don't think the Knicks have a first rounder in 2010. Wasn't that part of the Marbury fiasco? I think it was protected for several years but not 2010.[/quote]

Knowing the dysfunctional Knicks, you’re probably right. In fact, I think I heard they were short picks, but wasn’t sure when. Guess I’ll just have to spring for the NBA network. Probably costs a bundle, and it’d be the only games I’d watch. Of course, maybe 2011. Knicks probably blew that one too. Kinda hard to build a team when you can’t draft players.

Maybe he’ll just have to be a 6er

[quote="laoDan, post:8, topic:170"]I don't think the Knicks have a first rounder in 2010. Wasn't that part of the Marbury fiasco? I think it was protected for several years but not 2010.[/quote]

I think he’ll help lots of places. I guess the 6’er’s are pretty bad too. The Knicks haven’t won since '72/73. The trade of Howard “Butch” Komives and Walt Bellamy to Detroit for Dave DeBusschere in '68, brought them two championships, with 2 different centers, Willis Reed, then Jerry Lucas. A brief try with Patrick Ewing, but 37 years since last championship pretty pitiful for a media center like NY.

As cool as that would be, they have Lou Williams and just drafted Jrue Holliday. So not much need for a point guard in the next few years.

It’s not like Baseball… the Knicks can’t just outspend the other teams because of the salary cap. ::slight_smile:

Battle will not be a first round pick next year. Like Scottie Reynolds of Nova he will test the system and come back for his senior year to improve his draft position.

Speaking of PSUSTRETCH…He and a couple of the guys on the team need to change their Twitter passwords ASAP. They’ve been cracked and are sending out spam to their followers.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:11, topic:170"]...but 37 years since last championship pretty pitiful for a media center like NY.[/quote]

It’s not like Baseball… the Knicks can’t just outspend the other teams because of the salary cap. ::slight_smile:

I don’t know everything about the NBA salary cap but I know it is a “solf cap” and it is full of holes and the Knicks have been the biggest offenders. I remember for a couple of years ago the Knick’s spending was about DOUPLE the cap or more. I think they even paid Penny Hardaway somethink like 17 M to stay home and NOT be on the team. This except is about 2007:
During the 2006-07 season the Knicks were the last of the NBA’s out-of-control-spenders (former members of the club, including Dallas and Portland, had already reigned in their player payrolls). The Knicks payroll topped $100 million last year for a third straight season. Their $45 million luxury tax bill was $38 million higher than Dallas, the second highest spending club. Knick fans were rewarded with 33 wins and 49 losses, seven games out of the last playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference and the same record as the Charlotte Bobcats, who spent $42 million on players. Things only got worse in the summer as Madison Square Garden, the Knicks and their coach, Isiah Thomas, got caught up in a sexual harassment case that provided much fodder for New York’s tabloids. Thomas and the team plan to appeal the $11.6 verdict that Anucha Browne Sanders was awarded.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:11, topic:170"]...but 37 years since last championship pretty pitiful for a media center like NY.[/quote]

I don’t know everything about the NBA salary cap but I know it is a “solf cap” and it is full of holes and the Knicks have been the biggest offenders. I remember for a couple of years ago the Knick’s spending was about DOUPLE the cap or more. I think they even paid Penny Hardaway somethink like 17 M to stay home and NOT be on the team. This except is about 2007:
During the 2006-07 season the Knicks were the last of the NBA’s out-of-control-spenders (former members of the club, including Dallas and Portland, had already reigned in their player payrolls). The Knicks payroll topped $100 million last year for a third straight season. Their $45 million luxury tax bill was $38 million higher than Dallas, the second highest spending club. Knick fans were rewarded with 33 wins and 49 losses, seven games out of the last playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference and the same record as the Charlotte Bobcats, who spent $42 million on players. Things only got worse in the summer as Madison Square Garden, the Knicks and their coach, Isiah Thomas, got caught up in a sexual harassment case that provided much fodder for New York’s tabloids. Thomas and the team plan to appeal the $11.6 verdict that Anucha Browne Sanders was awarded.

Marbury was making $20 million and not playing. Some cap. The Dolan kid(Cablevision fortune) is a dope.