PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSUStretch tweets with quotes from Curley

From the PSU manual of saying something without saying anything… 8)

http://twitter.com/#!/PSUSTRETCH

[quote=“GoSpikes, post:1, topic:2443”]From the PSU manual of saying something without saying anything… 8)

http://twitter.com/#!/PSUSTRETCH[/quote]

Gosh, I thought the PSU manual said to say nothing while they were saying something… :wink:

Penn State AD Tim Curley on MBB coach search “We have received very strong interest from around the country”

Hmmm, but yet some of these names (Everhart, Pera, Flannery) are the best we have?

Perhaps they are doing an incredible job of keeping certain names from the media. Starting to think that might be possible. Andy Katz seems to have been throwing the likely names out there this whole time without any real background to support what he was saying.

Tweet from someone called “highmajorscoop”:

“Hearing Ronnie Everhart, Pat Chambers and Rob Jeter are down to the wire for Penn State. Everhart is supposedly interviewing today.”

The PSU manual has a special 300 page addendum known as “Joe Speak”… :wink:

[quote=“State4Life, post:5, topic:2443”]Tweet from someone called “highmajorscoop”:

“Hearing Ronnie Everhart, Pat Chambers and Rob Jeter are down to the wire for Penn State. Everhart is supposedly interviewing today.”[/quote]

It’s just an Ohio based recruiting site. No reason to suspect that they know anything.

[quote=“State4Life, post:3, topic:2443”]Penn State AD Tim Curley on MBB coach search “We have received very strong interest from around the country”

Hmmm, but yet some of these names (Everhart, Pera, Flannery) are the best we have?[/quote]

He misspelled “county”.

Ding, ding, ding.

Any chance they announce the coach on Thursday? Its the start of the CvC golf event and could be a way to do a big meet and greet a new coach.

[quote="BeerNitLion, post:4, topic:2443"]Perhaps they are doing an incredible job of keeping certain names from the media. Starting to think that might be possible. Andy Katz seems to have been throwing the likely names out there this whole time without any real background to support what he was saying.[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding.

If you follow any coaching search on ESPN, this is what Katz does. He did it in 2003 when Dunn left PSU as well. He has gotten worse since then. He seems sleazy to me. Its like he uses his position at ESPN to promote guys for jobs instead of finding out what is happening. I don’t really understand why ESPN keeps him

[quote="BeerNitLion, post:4, topic:2443"]Perhaps they are doing an incredible job of keeping certain names from the media. Starting to think that might be possible. Andy Katz seems to have been throwing the likely names out there this whole time without any real background to support what he was saying.[/quote]

Ding, ding, ding.

That ringing sound sounds like inside info. Spill it, Tim. ;D

Ding, ding, ding.

Well, “Ding” is Southwest’s tool…the new coach is from the southwest? :slight_smile:

[quote="tjb, post:9, topic:2443"]Ding, ding, ding.[/quote]

I figure if news going to break anywhere, it will break here. I don’t want to know a name just if “We”(the board members)will like the choice.

Ding, ding, ding.

I think Dave Jones has gone on record here as saying Katz isn’t in-the-know, though he clearly is trying to come off as such. Seeing that I have never met Katz, I’ll take DJones’ professional opinion on Katz.

Ding, ding, ding.

If you follow any coaching search on ESPN, this is what Katz does. He did it in 2003 when Dunn left PSU as well. He has gotten worse since then. He seems sleazy to me. Its like he uses his position at ESPN to promote guys for jobs instead of finding out what is happening. I don’t really understand why ESPN keeps him

Funny… Lemmings does the same thing on the recruiting side for ESPN !!!

Andy Katz never claimed he was in the know, he stated guys who he knew would listen/interview for a job at Penn State if given the call.