PSUHoops.com Streamer?

I’m pretty close to being able to stream games. I’m just not sure how well this public channel will hold up if you guys watch from it (until mine is authorized). I have the BTN streaming from my laptop right now (just to test) through Sopcast. I have Sopcast opened and running the channel from my desktop and it seems to be decent quality.

Is anyone interested in connecting and seeing how it works? I think it would be nice to stream some games for you guys (I know a few don’t get BTN) no matter what channel its on.

As stated, I’ve been using Sopcast (easiest for me so far).

Here is what you have to connect to when Sopcast is loaded: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/86929

Let me know if you need further instructions to get Sopcast working (very simple prog), if typo’d on the URL, etc. It seems to be working for me! Just need a few testers!

PS - If the quality withstands some viewers and you guys like this, I can expand to streaming some of the games from my “daily games to watch / follow thread” for the fun of it. Let me know.

Seems to be skipping ahead in the video at random times. Not sure why.

Are you planning on trying to do this for tonight’s game.

On a side note, is it legal to stream games in such a manner?!? Not trying to be the moral police, just curious…

No.

[quote="Finding Forrester, post:3, topic:613"]On a side note, is it legal to stream games in such a manner?!? Not trying to be the moral police, just curious...[/quote]

No.

You woke up the moral police.

Morality has nothing to do with it. It’s the legal police.

[quote="Finding Forrester, post:3, topic:613"]On a side note, is it legal to stream games in such a manner?!? Not trying to be the moral police, just curious...[/quote]

No.

You woke up the moral police.

He asked a question, I answered (and with absolutely no commentary). In case you haven’t noticed, whenever someone asks a question that I know or can easily answer, I usually do.

I’m still in the process guys… sorry. Its tough to use a Slingbox to stream (not many people do it, or know how to do it).

Lar, the process I would be using involves recording the game and broadcasting that file of the recording. I’m not sure if that changes anything technically, just sayin’.

[quote=“noobd, post:8, topic:613”]I’m still in the process guys… sorry. Its tough to use a Slingbox to stream (not many people do it, or know how to do it).

Lar, the process I would be using involves recording the game and broadcasting that file of the recording. I’m not sure if that changes anything technically, just sayin’.[/quote]

Check out some of the P2P sites, like…myp2p or justin.tv or ustream

[quote=“noobd, post:8, topic:613”]I’m still in the process guys… sorry. Its tough to use a Slingbox to stream (not many people do it, or know how to do it).

Lar, the process I would be using involves recording the game and broadcasting that file of the recording. I’m not sure if that changes anything technically, just sayin’.[/quote]

Nope. It’s still illegal. You do not own the rights to the game, the Big Ten does.

Haven’t you ever heard the “Any rebroadcast, reproduction or other use of this game without the express written consent of (insert athletic entity) is prohibited” disclaimer following virtually all televised athletic events?

What’s the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

[quote="noobd, post:8, topic:613"]I'm still in the process guys... sorry. Its tough to use a Slingbox to stream (not many people do it, or know how to do it).

Nope. It’s still illegal. You do not own the rights to the game, the Big Ten does.

Haven’t you ever heard the “Any rebroadcast, reproduction or other use of this game without the express written consent of (insert athletic entity) is prohibited” disclaimer following virtually all televised athletic events?

You are assuming noobd does not have written consent!

Let them lock me up then! I have been an avid BTN viewer since it came out, I deserve this!

And as pmhewitt said, yeah I do!