PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU @ Wiscy..... The Vegas line

I presently see the line where Penn State is a 12 point underdog, and the bookies are giving 7:1 odds on them to win.

Only 2 games seperate these teams in the BIG TEN standings, and Wiscy has already lost to Penn State on the road.

I find that this is a surprisingly big point spread.

As another point, the o/u on the game is 117.5. That means they expect it to be a very low scoring game. 65-53 if you use the o/u and the spread.

I just don’t see it being that lopsided.

I didn’t know KenPom ran Vegas, too. Sheesh.

These days, you’ll rarely see a Vegas number that’s more than a point or two off of a Pomeroy number unless you’ve got injuries, one team really peaking/falling, etc. LVSC (who recommends the initial spreads) are running the exact same types of numbers that Pomeroy is running.

We’ve played well there the past two years. I think this is the year we leave Wiscy with a W.

If we do, we dance.

We can’t give Wisconsin the same headstart we did last game or it will turn into a 20+ point blowout in Madison.

Everything will be tested tonight.

Battle’s load is going to be heavy, but he can carry it. Frazier is becoming legit. Brooks again will be the difference.

WIN!

Well I just have the vision of last year, with a bad team, going in there and having a double digit lead only to squander it away. I don’t think this year’s team would lose a lead like that. If nothing else it should tell them that they can win there.

[quote="Great Santini, post:4, topic:1970"]We've played well there the past two years. I think this is the year we leave Wiscy with a W.[/quote]

If we do, we dance.
We can’t give Wisconsin the same headstart we did last game or it will turn into a 20+ point blowout in Madison.

Everything will be tested tonight.

Battle’s load is going to be heavy, but he can carry it. Frazier is becoming legit. Brooks again will be the difference.

WIN!

In the words of the Lee Corso “Not so fast my friend” …A win over Wisky would be huge but there are still 3 big games left after this one.

This is one of those where the line seems high given the things you said, but long term history says it’s probably a pretty good line… and if i had no connection to PSU, I’d be all over that Wisconsin side.

PSU covered and it went over at 142. Who knew?