PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU @ V. Tech

ACC’s Hokies provide challenge By Jared Shanker Collegian Columnist

Oliver overcoming head injuries By Alex Angert Collegian Staff Writer

gopsusports.com: Lions Take On Hokies In Blacksburg Sunday

PSU game notes

V. Tech game notes

Nittany Lions face foe with similar concerns by Jeff Rice

This is definitely a team ripe for the picking even with all the issues PSU has.

Lets Push Things Forward - The Streets

Va Tech is a sizeable favorite in this game by 7 1/2-8 pts. Because I think Virginia Tech will be the hungrier of the two teams I like them in this one 69-63. They will be able to find a 3rd scorer in this one to pick up some of the slack. Battle will do his thing, but not get enough help as usual.

I don’t see either of these teams reaching the 60’s. I bet the under on this one. o/u 123.0

Listening to Steve and Dick and it was said that Hudson their senior 6’5" starting guard will not play today. Didn’t hear the reson why.

Keys today are two, IMO. Jeff Brooks and FTA’s. Last year, Jeff had zero rebounds and 2 points in 22 minutes. That should be up a lot; FTA’s. Both teams had 20+ FTA’s and both shot them poorly. Need 20 and shoot them at 75%. We beat them in rebounding last year.

That certainly makes things easier for us. There was talk about him possibly getting hot due to his significant size advantage. Now I’d like to change my pick if I may ;D

I also see Buie as having a good game. He’ll drive, IMO, if they cover him too tightly at the arc.

Delaney is yet to take a shot and all 8 of Va.Tech’s points are in the paint. 8-8 as Jackson makes 2 FT’s inside 15 minutes.