PSU @ Temple preview, game notes

gopsusports.com: Nittany Lions Look For Program Record Fifth-Straight Non-Conference Road Win At Temple Saturday

PSU game notes

Didn’t we lose every road game for like the last 16 years of JD and the first 20 of ED?

owlsports.com: Temple To Host Defending NIT Champion Penn State Saturday

:smiley:

Still can’t understand how comcast philly or comcast channel (old CN8) didn’t pick up this game. I am looking at their programming tomorrow and it is horrible, including some really bad BBall games.

I think we are taking a little poetic license by not counting neutral court games as “road games”.

Just shows you how Penn State basketball is perceived in Philly.

I’ll agree with you Lar that PSU BBall doesn’t even register on the map in Philly. They don’t give much pub to PSU football and the only reason I think they give what little they do is because there are so many alums and they have to. It is not because they are interested, I have lived in Philly now for a decade and am still amazed at the general media bias against PSU even though there are probably more PSU grads in the Philly area than any other school.

But what doesn’t make sense is that they are playing Temple. I guess they figure that any Temple fans who want to watch the game would goto the game if they wanted, so what is the point of putting it on TV. But when I see colonial conference games on instead, it is just a little shocking.

Temple game notes

[quote="tjb, post:2, topic:417"]Didn't we lose every road game for like the last 16 years of JD and the first 20 of ED?[/quote]

I think we are taking a little poetic license by not counting neutral court games as “road games”.

100% AGREE!

[quote="tjb, post:2, topic:417"]Didn't we lose every road game for like the last 16 years of JD and the first 20 of ED?[/quote]

100% AGREE!

I agree, although I do think it is meaningful. It does not approach “can’t spell NIT without Nittany Lions,” which will go down in infamy. :wink: