PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU Stretch

its about time this guy woke up. too bad he didnt show a pulse during the Big 10 tourney when he could have instructed Nantz and Kellogg regarding the Lions SOS.

Brian is one of the smartest basketball heads I know. You seem to have a beef with everybody but I couldn’t agree more about Nantz and Kellogg going in on these guys.

[quote="Locksmith, post:1, topic:2515"]its about time this guy woke up. too bad he didnt show a pulse during the Big 10 tourney when he could have instructed Nantz and Kellogg regarding the Lions SOS.[/quote]

Brian is one of the smartest basketball heads I know. You seem to have a beef with everybody but I couldn’t agree more about Nantz and Kellogg going in on these guys.

Locksmith seems to be the pessimistic offspring of Rokk and any Pennlive poster. Next he’ll pick on the cheerleaders for not showing enough enthusiasm when cheering a bball game.

[quote="Locksmith, post:1, topic:2515"]its about time this guy woke up. too bad he didnt show a pulse during the Big 10 tourney when he could have instructed Nantz and Kellogg regarding the Lions SOS.[/quote]

Next he’ll pick on the cheerleaders for not showing enough enthusiasm when cheering a bball game.

Or the THON dancers for messing up the line dance.

When you’re a school that has taken pride in not caring about basketball and has done a considerable amount of losing, why should you expect anyone on the national scene to care?

Jim Nantz is juggling a lot of balls, if you were in his shoes, doubt you would have put a lot of time in researching Penn State.

As the host of the NCAA Tournament selection show, of course they were going to make it sound like Penn State isn’t a lock so that fans of other competing schools feel like they are still in the mix.

If you looked at Penn State’s nonconference schedule, it didn’t look that impressive. Their 3 best nonconconference opponents failed to make the NCAA’s and Penn State lost to those teams by a combined 50 plus points.

What Penn State did very well in the nonconference schedule was not schedule all the 300 or worse teams which is what hurt them the year they went to NIT. Penn State’s nonconference schedule was inflated because the poor teams they faced weren’t the rock bottom variety.

What’s a tougher non conference schedule?

12 games vs 80-200 or 3 games vs the top 30 and 9 games vs 250 or worse? To me the second schedule would be tougher but the computers might not reflect that. T