PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU schedule - all game times now set

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/psu-m-baskbl-sched.html

Kudos to St. Joe and PSU for keeping the start time at a normal hour!

I’ve updated the Google Calendar.

Also, I’m not sure if this was my mistake originally, or if something changed, but the Maine game is on Dec 21. I originally had it on the calendar for Dec 22.

It is great to see [TV] next to every game. The BTN is awesome.

[quote=“bstanf, post:3, topic:1396”]I’ve updated the Google Calendar.

Also, I’m not sure if this was my mistake originally, or if something changed, but the Maine game is on Dec 21. I originally had it on the calendar for Dec 22.[/quote]

I don’t think that was your mistake. I think PSU switched the game to 12/21 to be part of a guys/gals doubleheader that evening.

Not every game, for some reason the Ole Miss game does not.

Also, even though they say “TV”, it doesn’t mean it’s on TV, many OOC games are on either the BTN’s website or ESPNs website.

…but it is nice to see some type of coverage for each game.

I remember last year when there were some games with absolutely NO coverage. When I pointed that out and said the AD should have been chewing someone out and getting them broadcasted, I was pummeled with comments about how unfeasible it would be, and how it was impossible/impracticle to do so.

The exhibition games on 11/6 will be a PSU gals/guys doubleheader starting @ 12 PM now according to the link below. 8)

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/psu-w-baskbl-sched.html

The only games with no coverage last year were the game at Temple and a couple of the games in Charleston. PSU has no control over those, so it is unfeasible for them to do anything about those games. Same as the Ole Miss game this year. Our Athletic Dept has zero control over them.

[quote="noobd, post:4, topic:1396"]It is great to see [TV] next to every game. The BTN is awesome.[/quote]

Also, even though they say “TV”, it doesn’t mean it’s on TV, many OOC games are on either the BTN’s website or ESPNs website.

I remember last year when there were some games with absolutely NO coverage. When I pointed that out and said the AD should have been chewing someone out and getting them broadcasted, I was pummeled with comments about how unfeasible it would be, and how it was impossible/impracticle to do so.

Skeeza - Ole Miss and the SEC own the rights to those games. It’s their job to put them on air not Penn State’s. I thought you would have understood that after last year’s discussion.

I remember seeing all 3 games… I think they were on ESPNU / ESPN360, (which not everyone gets).

[quote="frats, post:8, topic:1396"]The only games with no coverage last year were the game at Temple and [b]a couple of the games in Charleston. [/b] PSU has no control over those, so it is unfeasible for them to do anything about those games. Same as the Ole Miss game this year. Our Athletic Dept has zero control over them.[/quote]

I remember seeing all 3 games… I think they were on ESPNU / ESPN360, (which not everyone gets).

The PSU/UNC-Wilmington game was on ESPNU

The PSU/Tulane game was on Comcast Sports Network - Philadelphia

I don’t think the PSU/Davidson game was picked up by anyone.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:11, topic:1396”]The PSU/UNC-Wilmington game was on ESPNU

The PSU/Tulane game was on Comcast Sports Network - Philadelphia

I don’t think the PSU/Davidson game was picked up by anyone.[/quote]

Yea, I was speaking for myself. The Tulane game was done by Comcast Sports South, and Comcast Philly picked it up as well, but neither are available on Directv. And I’m almost positive that Lar is correct and the Davidson game wasn’t available anywhere.

That explains it. I go to school near Philly, so thats how I picked up the CSN game.

Even if the Davidson game was going to be on TV, I doubt I would have watched it, lol. :-\

[quote="noobd, post:4, topic:1396"]It is great to see [TV] next to every game. The BTN is awesome.[/quote]

Skeeza - Ole Miss and the SEC own the rights to those games. It’s their job to put them on air not Penn State’s. I thought you would have understood that after last year’s discussion.

Right. I understand that, I was just pointing out that at this point, there is no TV coverage listed for the Ole Miss game, in response to the comment that ‘every’ game had the annotation.

Eric Evans out with broken foot

Not the case for football and we have games that are basically right on top of us that still do not have a start time.
Interesting that all game times are set for BB, but we still do not have a start time for our home football game with NW that is only 10 days from now. Obviously, I am wrong about this but I thought that the minimum allotted time on setting the game time was no less than two weeks prior to the game.
Anyone know what the minimum time frame is or when we will get to know when the kickoff is for the Northwestern game?

[quote=“Duff, post:16, topic:1396”]Not the case for football and we have games that are basically right on top of us that still do not have a start time.
Interesting that all game times are set for BB, but we still do not have a start time for our home football game with NW that is only 10 days from now. Obviously, I am wrong about this but I thought that the minimum allotted time on setting the game time was no less than two weeks prior to the game.
Anyone know what the minimum time frame is or when we will get to know when the kickoff is for the Northwestern game?[/quote]

In most cases, it’s two weeks but the ABC/ESPN contract does allow for a handful of games start times to be delayed until six days before. That means the time could be announced as late as Sunday night. It’s possible that they are waiting to see if Joe will be going for win #400 before they decide the game’s start time.

Also I thought the Sunday hoops game vs Michigan was still a TBD. Has a time been set for that?

Thanks for your info.
As far as the Sunday Mich. game it appears that it still has two time options. I was just going off the subject tittle of “All times Set”.