PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU Hoops = East Germany

I think I’ve finally nailed it down.

We live in a single-party state where mediocrity is accepted because of the lack of meaningful competition on the part of those held accountable. At the same time, we implicitly justify that mediocrity by lauding ourselves for adhering to a standard which the rest of the world doesn’t seem to care about.

Now, with the Big Ten Network, we see how the rest of the schools in the Western Conference Bloc are enjoying higher standards of living. We have become increasingly frustrated, so we want changes, but the AthleticBuro instead extends the Basketball Commissar’s contract. The problem is less Tim Curley than it is Erich Hoeckner.

All we need is an Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart to keep the likes of Babb, Edwards, etc. in here, and we would be set. Doping crosses the line though.

[quote=“PSUClassof2011, post:1, topic:1929”]I think I’ve finally nailed it down.

We live in a single-party state where mediocrity is accepted because of the lack of meaningful competition on the part of those held accountable. At the same time, we implicitly justify that mediocrity by lauding ourselves for adhering to a standard which the rest of the world doesn’t seem to care about.

Now, with the Big Ten Network, we see how the rest of the schools in the Western Conference Bloc are enjoying higher standards of living. We have become increasingly frustrated, so we want changes, but the AthleticBuro instead extends the Basketball Commissar’s contract. The problem is less Tim Curley than it is Erich Hoeckner.

All we need is an Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart to keep the likes of Babb, Edwards, etc. in here, and we would be set. Doping crosses the line though.[/quote]

I think you have to go a little further east to Siberia, where Western Russia sends all its prisoners. :’(

Guys, when things don’t look good, we should all just do this. We should all just sit in a collective circle, stating our place of residence, and change our USA jerseys to Ducks jerseys!

[flash=200,200]Ducks Fly Together

DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!

[quote="PSUClassof2011, post:1, topic:1929"]I think I've finally nailed it down.

All we need is an Anti-Fascist Protective Rampart to keep the likes of Babb, Edwards, etc. in here, and we would be set. Doping crosses the line though.[/quote]

I think you have to go a little further east to Siberia, where Western Russia sends all its prisoners. :’(

In America, you shoot ball; In Soviet Russia, ball shoot you.

/weak weak pun

[quote=“rwd5035, post:3, topic:1929”]Guys, when things don’t look good, we should all just do this. We should all just sit in a collective circle, stating our place of residence, and change our USA jerseys to Ducks jerseys!

[flash=200,200]Ducks Fly Together

DUCKS FLY TOGETHER![/quote]

This gets my vote for post of the year thus far.