PSU hoops articles, videos, etc

We were right, lovemuffin 8)

[quote="Skeeza, post:2448, topic:2775"]It's a foul-fest. Seton Hall had 31 fouls. That doesn't mean up tempo.[/quote]

It could be that the fouls are the result of the up tempo pace we were playing. The fouling could also have slowed our pace and kept our shot total down. I don’t think we can come to any conclusion based on that box score.

We also forced 9 live ball turnovers at least, perhaps more depending on what Watkins contributed.

Keep in mind, I am not “drawing a conclusion” already. Some people love to have someone to vilify, but it shouldn’t be me.

I was simply making an observation from the box score. If does not mean that it will be the story for the entire season, but everyone has to admit that they would hope to see some more evidence of an up-tempo style. You would have rather seen something that would indicate that style, than to see something that does NOT show it.

I’m a Penn State fan, and I am hoping to see it, but I have to be realistic when I point out that the box score was not showing what we may want to see. Perhaps we will see it later, but I was just saying that it didn’t seem that way for this one.

That’s all.

[quote="lovemuffin, post:2437, topic:2775"]Based on the fact that Moore had 12 points in 22 minutes, it wouldn't shock me at all if Watkins had 15 in a similar amount of playing time. Also, they mentioned the Hall sat their starters most of the second half, and Watkins could have easily feasted on young backup big men. Watkins is a grown man...and the most "physically gifted" big we've had in a long while. He will likely be very inconsistent this year, but it certainly shouldn't be a surprise if he plays well.[/quote]

TDC Men's Basketball on Twitter: "Chambers said Mike Watkins had 15 points and 9 rebounds in 18 minutes in the secret scrimmage with Seton Hall"

That is, if they were using official scoring for the secret scrimmage :smiley:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:2462, topic:2775”]Keep in mind, I am not “drawing a conclusion” already. Some people love to have someone to vilify, but it shouldn’t be me.

I was simply making an observation from the box score. If does not mean that it will be the story for the entire season, but everyone has to admit that they would hope to see some more evidence of an up-tempo style. You would have rather seen something that would indicate that style, than to see something that does NOT show it.

I’m a Penn State fan, and I am hoping to see it, but I have to be realistic when I point out that the box score was not showing what we may want to see. Perhaps we will see it later, but I was just saying that it didn’t seem that way for this one.

That’s all.[/quote]

Huh? I’m not sure why you directed your post to me specifically or what this even is.

But there’s reason to believe that the tempo of this game was at least faster than last season given the box score numbers just from Seton Hall.

As I said before, you can’t make any assumptions based only on this box score. I pointed out some alternative possibilities that are just as likely as yours. So not sure why all the hate.

[quote="lovemuffin, post:2437, topic:2775"]Based on the fact that Moore had 12 points in 22 minutes, it wouldn't shock me at all if Watkins had 15 in a similar amount of playing time. Also, they mentioned the Hall sat their starters most of the second half, and Watkins could have easily feasted on young backup big men. Watkins is a grown man...and the most "physically gifted" big we've had in a long while. He will likely be very inconsistent this year, but it certainly shouldn't be a surprise if he plays well.[/quote]

TDC Men's Basketball on Twitter: "Chambers said Mike Watkins had 15 points and 9 rebounds in 18 minutes in the secret scrimmage with Seton Hall"

;D in case you’re unaware this is the “utterly shocked” emoji!

My man!!

Appears the rotation is starting to take a little bit of shape:

Starters…Carr, Shep, Reaves, Stevens, Moore

Major PT reserves…Samuels, Watkins, Banks. Wouldn’t be surprised to see all three of them come in at the same time for Carr/Stevens/Moore.

You know Shep is going to run 34+ minutes. So now down to how many minutes does Reaves play, which probably in the 20-30 minute range. So have about 15-25 minutes to divy up between Davis/Bostick/Washington assuming Pat goes 9 or 10 deep.

Banks is still out, I still expect him to start tbh.

Great opportunity for Davis to develop some confidence with Banks out.

BlueWhiteIllustrated.com - Chambers, Lions making strides through preseason

As I wait in line for the polls to open, I noticed a guy with a psu hoops sweatshirt on. IN maryland no less

If anyone hasn’t stumbled across it yet, check out landof10.com. It’s a new Big Ten-centric sports blog site. They’ve had tons of content for football, and now that basketball season is upon us, they’re starting to churn out a bunch of hoops content, too.