PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU Hoops 2010-11 Fantasy Football League?

If there is enough interest (8-10+ players) then I’ll setup a league. A few forums that I’m a member of run FF leagues, so I figured I would propose the idea here.

We can discuss scoring if there is enough interest. Just post here if you’re interested.

I just wanted to take this time to mention how much I hate fantasy football. That is all.

Oh… yeah… and

Sportsguy did an article this week about some of the changes he’d like to see in FF that was pretty entertaining and almost would make me want to take part in it again if they ever became reality for most leagues.

Count me in

I’m a player.

I’m in. A someone who handled this in the past you should know that most who are likely to be interested have cbssports accounts as that was where we used to do it.

Also I’m pretty sure you don’t want to let millionaire magic in the league. ;D

And I’d like to make 2 requests, the name of your team should be your name here. That way if anyone is not holding up their end of the deal and not setting their lineups etc., we know who you are.

I would prefer Yahoo since a bunch of us also played March Madness on Yahoo. I have never used CBSSports’s fantasy football; Yahoo’s is very user friendly (I have used it for every FF league I’ve been in).

I agree on the team name correlating with the user’s PSUHoops username - or something very similar.

So we have 4 so far:
noobd (myself)
State4life
MillionaireMagic (unless we black list him - LOL)
pmhewitt

I’m in.

I’ll play

I’ll make a go of it.

We have 7. Just a few more and were good. I don’t want to have more than 12 participants since the FA players get very scarce.

noobd (myself)
State4life
MillionaireMagic
pmhewitt
Slash
battlesway2
bstanf

I’m in, and lets use Yahoo or ESPN… CBS stuff is garbage

Okay we have 8. I setup the league, I’ll post info and initial settings / scoring:

League ID: 353215 Name: PennStateHoops.com Password: psuhoops

I put the draft date (online live draft) for August 31st and 8PM. Will probably change… I’m thinking its down to either weeknight / sunday night at 8 or 9 ET. Up to you guys.

Scoring is pretty much stock. Shouldn’t be any complaints there.

Rosters: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 4Bench, 1IR - Stock was like 8 bench players but that is way too much - dont need FA hogging (ie: picking up 6 QBs to screw everyone else). I haven’t seen IR in FF yet, I saw it in fantasy hockey, but I think it is just a reserved roster spot for players that are injured (determined by Yahoo) so they aren’t hogging your bench.

Misc: 12 max teams, 2 divisions. 6 teams make playoffs (week 14, 15, 16). Division winners get #1 and #2 seed.

So I just really need to know from you guys 1) draft day/time 2) any complaints on scoring (shouldn’t be much at all)

To join: 1) Login to Yahoo 2) Go to [url=http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague]http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinleague[/url] 3) Click "Join custom" 4) Enter the league ID and password (top of this post) 5) Fill out your info (use your PSUHoops username) 6) Done!

We only have room for 4 more players, so whoever joins first get the spots!

Count me in!

Any room left?

Yeah!! I’m not in Beast of the East’s division–that means I have a chance.

I’ll join if there are any spots.

There are still spots left :slight_smile:

So we have 9 people signed up on Yahoo:

MMagic
Battlesway2
State4Life
Tom
myself
bstanf
beastofeast
slash
sharkinfestedwater (idk who this is… pmhewitt?)

So we still have room for 3 more (NittanyIllini? pmhewitt? man behind the mask?). Also, could "shark infested water " identify themselves? Just so I know if all of the 7 original players (reserved spots) are ready to go.

[quote=“noobd, post:18, topic:1288”]So we have 9 people signed up on Yahoo:

MMagic
Battlesway2
State4Life
Tom
myself
bstanf
beastofeast
slash
sharkinfestedwater (idk who this is… pmhewitt?)

So we still have room for 3 more (NittanyIllini? pmhewitt? man behind the mask?). Also, could "shark infested water " identify themselves? Just so I know if all of the 7 original players (reserved spots) are ready to go.[/quote]

I signed up. And I second the request for shark ti ID himself. I really would prefer if we all knew who everyone else was. I think it both adds to the fun and makes it less likely that someone will abandon their team. Maybe next time we only send out the league info in a PM to those who indicate they want in.

I’m just curious what your issues are with CBS. I’ve played almost exclusively over there and have used just about all of their FF products from setting up free leagues, playing in public leagues for money and buying the commisioner package. And I’ve never really had an issue in the past aside from maybe 1 or 2 times when the site was down. Why are ESPN and Yahoo superior packages?