PSU giving away pairs of tix to Gardner-Webb w/coupon

Just print out the coupon at the link below and present it at the BJC on Saturday in exchange for 2 free tickets to the game, no strings attached.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/photo.php?pid=4248520&id=86969485831

gopsusports.com: Nittany Lions Take On Gardner-Webb Saturday Night On ESPNU

Very cool - thanks.

+1 ;D

GWU Drops 78-57 Decision To James Madison At Home Thursday.

They are going to have a real challenge getting anyone to this game. The opponent is crappy, it’s a late tip-off (9pm), classes/finals are over so the students are gone, the weather forecast is horrible (a nor’easter calling for 2-5 inches of snow), State High is playing for the state football championships in Hershey (7pm), and the women’s volleyball team is on TV (8pm) going for an unprecedented 102 straight win and third consecutive national title.

Only a very few diehards are apt to show up, free tickets or not.

Why such a late tip?

Woohoo! It’s the 1st game I’ll be able to attend. I love the late tipoffs.

ESPN

[quote="jjepsu92, post:6, topic:510"]Why such a late tip?[/quote]

ESPN

No it’s graduation. They need the time to turn the arena around after holding graduation ceremonies.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:5, topic:510”]They are going to have a real challenge getting anyone to this game. The opponent is crappy, it’s a late tip-off (9pm), classes/finals are over so the students are gone, the weather forecast is horrible (a nor’easter calling for 2-5 inches of snow), State High is playing for the state football championships in Hershey (7pm), and the women’s volleyball team is on TV (8pm) going for an unprecedented 102 straight win and third consecutive national title.

Only a very few diehards are apt to show up, free tickets or not. [/quote]

Update on the football championships - State High’s game has just been moved up to 2PM to try to get it in before the worst of the weather hits.

2-5" of snow in central PA isn’t horrible.

Now, the 12-18" in the DC/Baltimore area will shut this area down for months it feels.

Ah, understandable. But that brings up the dead horse, why can’t this game just be at Rec Hall?

[quote="UncleLar, post:9, topic:510"]No it's graduation. They need the time to turn the arena around after holding graduation ceremonies.[/quote]

Ah, understandable. But that brings up the dead horse, why can’t this game just be at Rec Hall?

Because Rec Hall is no longer set up for basketball. It would take a significant effort to redo the floor for hoops. Not impossible but not particularly practical either.

Temple will be playing a game on 12/28 @ McGonigle Hall. I wish PSU would make the effort to have one game a year @ Rec Hall.

The 9pm tip helps fans watch the ladies in the NCAA championship, too.

[quote="UncleLar, post:9, topic:510"]No it's graduation. They need the time to turn the arena around after holding graduation ceremonies.[/quote]

Because Rec Hall is no longer set up for basketball. It would take a significant effort to redo the floor for hoops. Not impossible but not particularly practical either.

sounds like the motto for all psu hoops fans

GWU game notes

I think the volleyball brand is so good right now, there’s no way they mess with that to re-do their floor for a small-venue hoops game. The volleyball is “working” quite well right now, and I wouldn’t mess with it at all, no matter how small the change.

I think the volleyball brand is so good right now, there’s no way they mess with that to re-do their floor for a small-venue hoops game. The volleyball is “working” quite well right now, and I wouldn’t mess with it at all, no matter how small the change.

The wrestling brand will be doing quite well soon too - although, wrestling really doesn’t have any impact on whether you put a hoops game in there or not. The wrestling mats are perfectly happy on top of a basketball or a volleyball floor.