PSU BBall Radio Station?

Hey, guys-
I’m heading home for the break Thursday at about 4, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew of what radio stations would be broadcasting the game? I’m heading to New York, and all I know is that it should be on ESPN Radio 1450, but I doubt the signal will be strong enough more than about a half an hour east of State College, so if anybody knows any stations in Harrisburg or Allentown that would be broadcasting the game, I’d really appreciate it.

[quote=“Devon, post:1, topic:280”]Hey, guys-
I’m heading home for the break Thursday at about 4, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew of what radio stations would be broadcasting the game? I’m heading to New York, and all I know is that it should be on ESPN Radio 1450, but I doubt the signal will be strong enough more than about a half an hour east of State College, so if anybody knows any stations in Harrisburg or Allentown that would be broadcasting the game, I’d really appreciate it. [/quote]

I’d try 1460 AM in the Harrisburg area and 790 AM in Allentown.

[quote="Devon, post:1, topic:280"]Hey, guys- I'm heading home for the break Thursday at about 4, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew of what radio stations would be broadcasting the game? I'm heading to New York, and all I know is that it should be on ESPN Radio 1450, but I doubt the signal will be strong enough more than about a half an hour east of State College, so if anybody knows any stations in Harrisburg or Allentown that would be broadcasting the game, I'd really appreciate it.[/quote]

If you’re driving to NY from State College, I doubt any harrisburg stations would do you any good.

Also, I wasn’t home for the first two games, but I think the games moved to ESPN 1400 in Harrisburg this year.

[quote="Devon, post:1, topic:280"]Hey, guys- I'm heading home for the break Thursday at about 4, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew of what radio stations would be broadcasting the game? I'm heading to New York, and all I know is that it should be on ESPN Radio 1450, but I doubt the signal will be strong enough more than about a half an hour east of State College, so if anybody knows any stations in Harrisburg or Allentown that would be broadcasting the game, I'd really appreciate it.[/quote]

If you’re driving to NY from State College, I doubt any harrisburg stations would do you any good.

Also, I wasn’t home for the first two games, but I think the games moved to ESPN 1400 in Harrisburg this year.

You may be right about that but it is listed as 1460 AM in Harrisburg in the new PSU Hoops Yearbook.

Much thanks. As to the Harrisburg not exactly being on the way issue, I just figured a station from there would have a stronger signal strength, but who knows. I think I’ll try staying a little longer, if I can leave at 5 and catch the first hour of the game, I should be able to catch most of the second half on 1450. Whatever, I doubt it’s going to work out anyway.

Harrisburg area is 1400, that is the station on which I listened to the RMU game.

Thanks, LarryH… I think when the football moved from 580, clearchannel wasn’t interested in keeping just the hoops. I wonder if moving the football off the AM stations will have a long-term impact on the radio network?

You know, with the BTN I don’t listen to nearly as many games on the radio, but don’t tell the ratings guys ::slight_smile:

Ok, thanks!

The other night I was driving from NJ to Harrisburg on route 78 and I picked up the game on an Allentown station. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what station it was. But when you lose the Harrisburg station, just start scanning your radio until you find it. You might not pick it up until you get out past Cabelas though.