PSU All Decade Team (the 00s)

Ok, I’ll try to keep this simple…I want a starting five, and second unit of five, and then the last three off the bench (we’re using all thirteen scholarships)…The first two groups needs three guards/wings and two big men…anyone who played during the 2000-01 through 2009-2010 seasons is eligible. (Sorry if this has been done before).

Starting 5
G- Battle
G- Crispin
G- Ivory
F- Cornley
F- Cline-Heard

Reserves
G- Watkins
G- Chambliss
G- Claxton
F- Parker
F- Jagla

Deep Bench
G- Pringle
G- M. Smith
F- T. Smith

As a bonus, how far does this team go in the tourney? I realize some of these guys went to the Sweet 16 but I think everything has to break just right for this team to make it to the Elite Eight…not enough up front.

I’ll play…

Battle
Pringle
Ivory
Cornley
Cline-Heard

Reserves
Crispin (i don’t think there are enough shots for Battle/Crispin lineup)
Morrissey
Clax
Jagla
Parker

Watkins
Jones

What really jumps out is the lack of big men. Jagla is the only guy to consider who is taller than 6’6".

Gyasi had to be 6’8" or 6’9", but your point is valid…the lack of quality big men is very glaring.

I think Gyasi was measured by pro scouts at 6-5.5.

But he played much bigger.

[quote="JakkL, post:3, topic:1124"]What really jumps out is the lack of big men. Jagla is the only guy to consider who is taller than 6'6".[/quote]

Gyasi had to be 6’8" or 6’9", but your point is valid…the lack of quality big men is very glaring.

No way

PG - BATTLE
SG - IVORY
SF - CLAXTON
PF - MEL
C - CLINE HEARD

PG - CRISPIN
SG - STAN
SF - JAGLA
PF - PARKER
C - HOJO

(Prob missed some but didn’t have time to look up the rosters ;D)

What I find interesting about these lists is that despite only being here for 3 seasons, Dunn’s players make a pretty good showing.

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:1, topic:1124”]Ok, I’ll try to keep this simple…I want a starting five, and second unit of five, and then the last three off the bench (we’re using all thirteen scholarships)…The first two groups needs three guards/wings and two big men…anyone who played during the 2000-01 through 2009-2010 seasons is eligible. (Sorry if this has been done before).

Starting 5
G- Battle
G- Crispin
G- Ivory
F- Cornley
F- Cline-Heard

Reserves
G- Watkins
G- Chambliss
G- Claxton
F- Parker
F- Jagla

Deep Bench
G- Pringle
G- M. Smith
F- T. Smith

As a bonus, how far does this team go in the tourney? I realize some of these guys went to the Sweet 16 but I think everything has to break just right for this team to make it to the Elite Eight…not enough up front.[/quote]

This team is pretty solid. I’d replace Smith with Hojo on your bench. But that’s about it. And I don’t see any roster other than '96 going any further than the sweet 16 – even this All Star roster. And the '96 team would have needed some stars to align to get that far (obviously since they fell in the first round).

[quote="JakkL, post:3, topic:1124"]What really jumps out is the lack of big men. Jagla is the only guy to consider who is taller than 6'6".[/quote]

No way

His NBDL page has him listed at 6’8" so I recant. He’s most likely shorter than that.