PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSU 54, No 22 Illinois 52

Hope you turned on the space heater in the guest room, NI.

I’m moving in now :slight_smile: :smiley: ;D

ESPN game highlights…they show one single PSU basket after showing 6-7 Illinois baskets. Oh well

Matt Glover, unsung hero of tonight.

Cameron Woodyard, sung hero of tonight.

Tim Frazier, hero.

Great win. Bummed thought that there wasn’t enough time for an interview with Pat.

Time for Timmy to make his own legacy. Just a well played game, not much to add. How much fun is it to watch an offense where all five players are actually moving around? And what’s scary is that its starting to look like they actually know where they’re going…most of the time!

I recall us beating BC back it seems years ago now. This is not that team…thankfully. And I’ll repeat an earlier mantra - when PC gets his guys on this team, we’re going to have a lot more success.

We Are…

Graham had 7 boards, Glover 7 pts, 7 rbs. Frazier 12 pts, 9 assists, Woodyard 17 pts. Marshall 17 pts, 5 boards. Sasa 6 pts. Pretty solid team victory.

What I’m liking is that this team seems like it didn’t care that it was 1-5 in conference. They came out like they were playing for first place in the conference and beat the team playing for that spot. Funny how my wife has gotten use to Illinois losing at PSU. She wasn’t surprised and neither am I.

Would love to see this team get one on the road. No better than Sunday at Indy.

I’m liking the guest room, by the way. It’s quiet and I can gather my thoughts. 8)

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:8, topic:2995”]What I’m liking is that this team seems like it didn’t care that it was 1-5 in conference. They came out like they were playing for first place in the conference and beat the team playing for that spot. Funny how my wife has gotten use to Illinois losing at PSU. She wasn’t surprised and neither am I.

Would love to see this team get one on the road. No better than Sunday at Indy.

I’m liking the guest room, by the way. It’s quiet and I can gather my thoughts. 8)[/quote]

Is it decked out in PSU gear? :wink:

Game recap

Chambers strangely mum on why Oliver didn’t play

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/1150388.html

What an awesome effort, and those kids deserved it tonight. They really worked hard, and they were tough mentally as Illinois kept coming back, they always found an answer. Very proud of them.

[quote=“Tom, post:3, topic:2995”]ESPN game highlights…they show one single PSU basket after showing 6-7 Illinois baskets. Oh well[/quote]during shoot around it looked like when one of the Illini coaches asked Billy what was wrong he pointed at his head (we sit right behind the visitors bench). Again it could have been nothing but I wasn’t the only one in our section who saw it. Hoping it was nothing :-\

On a side note I bet Weber was glad to see McCamey go but now he has another one on his hands. Leonard is a complete goofball , although it was pretty entertaining getting to watch him from shoot around til the final horn. My fav part was when he fouled out and the students were chanting “sit down” and he faked the sit down about 2 x only to be caught in the act by Weber and 1 of the assistans. Kid made some of the strangest faces I’ve ever seen.

Dialed in

Junior forward Billy Oliver did not play due to an unspecified illness. Chambers said he didn’t know if it was related to migraines or concussions, which have plagued Oliver in the past.

Illinois at Penn State Recap

Great win. Liked the last 2 possesions. Tim with the “NBA floater.” I lalso liked the defense on the Illi last possession. Good hard
(BUT no foul) team defense!!

This team is just so tough! They gave up height at every position on the floor, but never stopped scrapping and hustling. AND they didn’t settle for 3’s and kept taking the ball to the rim. It’s so easy to pull for a group of guys who play like this, even if they’re losing more games than they’re winning. Makes the W’s that much sweeter :smiley:

Well, we did have moving screen violation :-\ Pretty hard to miss. BUT, over all I thought the refs did well. Maybe even a little “home cooking!!” :wink: Tastes so good… :slight_smile:

It’s a slightly better day to be a Nittany Lion, isn’t it?

We are a young team, in rebuilding mode, playing short-handed (no Oliver or Lewis), and we STILL won the game. Very impressive stuff.

Its always a good day after a night of PSU beating Illinois. I was sad to see the Northwestern streak end this season but glad to see some positive things stay the same in reguards to the Illini. I always love to go to the Illini boards to see what they say after games against the Nittany Lions, games like these help build healthy rivalries. I hope that is what is happening here with all these tightly contested games year and year out.

Maybe this has been discussed previously. Did anyone notice that Tim had a bit of a gimp last night that became more pronounced as the game went on? Just wondering about the cause.