PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PSA - Penn State has 𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚟̶𝚎̶𝚗̶ six Big 10 games left

More than 1/3 of Penn State’s Big 10 season remains.

That’s all for now.

:eyes:

5 Likes

I feel like this season has lasted 15 years.

4 Likes

1/3 of the season remains and Torvik has us with a 64% chance of getting at least a share of the Big Ten title. (is what i think you meant to say here).

With 12 games left I just wanted splits every week the rest of the way, 6-6 finish for a 10-10 record and a NCAAT invite.

Now with 7 remaining, including 4 at home, and expectations shifted slightly… I want at least a 4-3 finish. That’s a game under KenPom’s projection for us and not greedy at all imo. :slight_smile:

But if we play the rest of the season like we have the last month, we’re winning this league, possibly the BTT, and making a deep run in the NCAAT. I just hope we haven’t peaked too early!!

1 Like

Pat’s teams don’t peak. They play their best ball as the season advances

1 Like

One may say that they are always on the climb

5 Likes

I’m just looking at North Western right now. Win that, have a good chance to be a Top 10 team on Monday. Curious to see how the committee views us after the @Purdue win.

1 Like

Gotta be 5-2 or better at this point. Iowa and Michigan State the toughest games, right? And they could win one of those, either finishing 6-1 or allowing them to unexpectantly lose one of the others and end at 6-2.

1 Like

Obviously I’m hopeful we can finish like that. But we still have 5 really tough games in this 7 game stretch. Even if we continue playing really well but maybe not “best-in-the-country” level it wouldn’t be crazy to see us drop 3 or 4 of them.

1 Like

Agreed. Just want to keep the positive momentum…

1 Like

I’m not complaining.

1 Like

Me neither.

Can it last 15 more?

3 Likes

I think they should be favored in 6 of the remaining 7 games. 5 wins I think gets at least a tie for the regular season conference championship.

This is kind of where I am. I’d be a little bummed, but could easily see losses to 3 of MSU, Illinois, Iowa and Indiana. That’s still a top 20-25 finish and likely a 5-6 seed, depending what happens in the BTT.

1 Like

7 games left. Two of which are against NW. RU, Illini, and MSU all at home. Tough trips to IU and Iowa. This remaining slate is favorable and a Big Ten title is there for the taking. Crazy but true. One game at a time, enjoy the ride and win this thing. Not even thinking seeding or postseason tournies right now. There’s a championship within this team’s grasp. Win it. Please!

4 Likes

Would that mean that we get the ACC champ in the challenge next year? :wink:

Yes it would! At home, hopefully…

I don’t believe this is the way it works.

The matchups are done for TV and based on expectations for the coming season, with some accounting for giving everyone a shot at it over a reasonable period of years.

correct, that’s not how it works. I was joking, that’s why I included the :wink: