Progress?

Where is it?

In Dayton

The end game has already started with ED - we are looking at, hopefully, a 3-15 season.

The real question is when he steps down. Judging by the Dunn era, PSU will keep him around a season or two too long. But any idea that his making acceptable progress in this program is laughable. Today’s effort was probably the worst I’ve seen in a long time.

UNC-Wilmington, Tulane were the warning signs. This…this is panic mode time. We’re over 7 years into the DeChellis era…we’re 9-45 on the road. We’ve had one winning season, zero NCAA berths. These are his players in his system. No more talk of losing Seniors, no more talk of progress, this is what the reality is.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but if Crean was at the helm, this team with this talent, would NOT be 0-5. If Battle had missed that shot last year and PSU was eliminated early from the NIT, people would be more aware of the situation we are in with Ed D. The Battle shot in the NIT was worse than the Crispin shot which extended Dunn an extra 2 years.

Brilliant post. Couldn’t agree more. That shot was great for Cornley, Pringle, and Morrissey, but its going to set the program back 2 or 3 years. It bough ED some additional time he doesn’t deserve.

What now? Seriously, what now? Do we fire ED and risk losing Talor and Taran?

Would Crean take the PSU job? ::slight_smile:

I’m sure there are many coaches who could do better and not a single one of them has any interest in Penn State. I’m so tired of people expecting miracles. 4 star big men. Top name coaches. Maybe Santa Claus can bring us a couple wins now the busy season is over.

[quote=“BleedPSU, post:7, topic:661”]What now? Seriously, what now? Do we fire ED and risk losing Talor and Taran?[/quote]If we do so what? You have to start over at some point don’t you? I love Talor and I’m looking forward to Taran but I wouldn’t sacrafice the program for those 2.

[quote="BleedPSU, post:7, topic:661"]What now? Seriously, what now? Do we fire ED and risk losing Talor and Taran?[/quote]If we do so what? You have to start over at some point don't you? I love Talor and I'm looking forward to Taran but I wouldn't sacrafice the program for those 2.

Agreed. If we go 2-16 this season, does Talor stick around for his senior season? Does Taran still come to PSU?

[quote=“laoDan, post:8, topic:661”]Would Crean take the PSU job? ::slight_smile:

I’m sure there are many coaches who could do better and not a single one of them has any interest in Penn State. I’m so tired of people expecting miracles. 4 star big men. Top name coaches. Maybe Santa Claus can bring us a couple wins now the busy season is over.[/quote]

No I wasn’t suggesting Crean would come here. It isn’t expecting miracles to assume and expect we should defeat Iowa, Indiana, NW, etc.

[quote=“laoDan, post:8, topic:661”]Would Crean take the PSU job? ::slight_smile:

I’m sure there are many coaches who could do better and not a single one of them has any interest in Penn State. I’m so tired of people expecting miracles. 4 star big men. Top name coaches. Maybe Santa Claus can bring us a couple wins now the busy season is over.[/quote]

I don’t see how any college coach could do worse with this team that ED and the current staff are doing. We aren’t asking for miracles or a big name. I’d take any semi-competent offense, coach and big man at this point.

Unless someone has $$$$$$ in there pockets to offer up then we all know nothing is going to change anytime soon.

If Curley isn’t going to shoot for the moon with the next hire, it’s not worth getting rid of DeChellis after this season.

Yes, then maybe we could get a Tim Floyd. I seem to remember a lot of support for him on the forums a few years ago.

Sad thing Curley probably isn’t even aware what is going on, he looks at the scores and they are close but has no idea how bad these loses have been.

Well, we’re raping season ticket holders in football for enough money that hopefully our AD can spend some of the extra cash on a coach. We aren’t as bad as we seem right now, but it’s not pretty.

As Joe says, you aren’t as bad as you think you are after a loss, and you aren’t as good as you think you are after a win.

You give Ed next season. With a full group of seniors and Buie coming in if he can’t do anything with them then he has to go. Getting rid of him this year is one year too early. Give him the most talent he’ll have and then we’ll see what he can do.

I understand that viewpoint, but I’m of the school that its better to move on a year too early than a year too late. Also, I can already predict next season’s OOC schedule - think of last year’s - schedule to get the NIT and save ED’s job. My fear is that ED goes 7-11 in conference, goes 10-2 in nonconference and squeaks into the NIT and gets an extension.

I honestly really thinking that Ed should encourage some to move on. He needs a big man bad and I think we are not going to see anything better with a few players on this team.