PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Predict PSU's seed

I have no doubt at all that we are in now. Another big win and this one should pass the eye test.

I am going with 10 with a loss and 6 with a win.

[quote=“zac1397, post:1, topic:2114”]I have no doubt at all that we are in now. Another big win and this one should pass the eye test.

I am going with 10 with a loss and 6 with a win.[/quote]

I think both sound a little high.

My hope is that the committee takes the easy way out and only makes out one bracket for tomorrow. That makes their lives a whole lot easier. Just make us a 9 or 10 seed and cut down on the work!!!

After we beat Ohio State tomorrow we should be the #1 overall seed…AMIRITE?

I would guess a 11 with a loss and 8 with a win.

I have no doubt at all that we are in now. Another big win and this one should pass the eye test.

I am going with 10 with a loss and 6 with a win.

I think both sound a little high.

My hope is that the committee takes the easy way out and only makes out one bracket for tomorrow. That makes their lives a whole lot easier. Just make us a 9 or 10 seed and cut down on the work!!!

What was Syracuse when they made their run to with The Big East out of nowhere? I think it was a 6.

Honestly, our seed will probably be determined before the game tomorrow. They may leave a loose end for us to move up with a win, but I think we’ll be on the 11 seed line. You can’t expect the committee to change much in 30 minutes after our game.

With a loss, I’m guessing 11 or 12.

With a win, maybe a 10, but probably 11.

11 would be about right. That’s a spot for teams with the tendency to pull off big upsets, so I think that’s an appropriate spot to have us in. :wink:

11 puts us at 41-45 in the tournament. I think we should be more in the mid 30s to 40, an 8-10 seed.

Didn’t you hear the guys on CBS and ESPN? We have no business being in the tournament. We should feel fortunate to just get a play-in game at this point… maybe even a 16seed play-in game. The eyeballs tell you all you need to know.

[quote=“Spades88, post:7, topic:2114”]With a loss, I’m guessing 11 or 12.

11 would be about right. That’s a spot for teams with the tendency to pull off big upsets, so I think that’s an appropriate spot to have us in. ;)[/quote]

There is no chance of this. A major conference tournament win means something to the selection committee (whose head is an OSU guy BTW). Plus they will have just beat a team that is maybe the number 1 overall even with a loss.

With a loss, I'm guessing 11 or 12.

11 would be about right. That’s a spot for teams with the tendency to pull off big upsets, so I think that’s an appropriate spot to have us in. :wink:

There is no chance of this. A major conference tournament win means something to the selection committee (whose head is an OSU guy BTW). Plus they will have just beat a team that is maybe the number 1 overall even with a loss.

You’re probably right, so don’t mind me. I just can’t seem to shake off the feeling that we won’t get that much respect from the committee.

Probably just the after effects of all the negativity we’ve seen in the media over the last couple of days (looking at you, CBS announcers). Should have gone to radio for the audio today, but ah well…

[quote=“zac1397, post:1, topic:2114”]I have no doubt at all that we are in now. Another big win and this one should pass the eye test.

I am going with 10 with a loss and 6 with a win.[/quote]

Are you nuts?

We’ll be an 11 or 12 - depending on whether we win or not (outside chance at a 10 but I don’t see it).

to add to lar’s quote…lunardi’s latest bracket moved us after the msu win way up…one spot higher than we were this morning…2nd to last team in now

38 in the RPI…

rpiforecast had us projected as an 8 seed before the win.

38 in the RPI...

“38 doesn’t make sense. They played the toughest schedule in one of the toughest conferences, they won 12, they’ve one four in a row and seven of nine. An RPI that high just doesn’t add up.”

All I know is, I have an 11:45am doctor’s appt on Thursday.

Please, please, please let their game not be the early game that day :slight_smile:

is there a way we can play BYU…would be fun to watch jimmer vs Timmer (and of course Talor)

i don’t see us in one of the “play-in” games. I think that we make it as a 12 seed. Hard to see us being much higher than that given our number of losses.