PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vides (East Stroudsburg)

Normally I would say that this team wouldn’t need a “Positive Vibes” thread for an exhibition game. But then again, there was Shippensburg :o

Allow me to start:

Tre, Taran, Timmy, Talor, Jermaine and Cam all find their stroke from distance.

At least 12 players get off the pine to contribute, including Leo…no Steve…um…I mean Stefan…uh make that Alan Wisniewski :slight_smile:

ESU was picked as pre-season favorite in the PSAC East this season.

Defending co-East champion East Stroudsburg (24-6, 10-4) is the favorite to repeat this year after a school record 24 wins and the program’s second-ever NCAA tournament appearance. The Warriors should be strong again as starters Mike Tobin, Terrance King and Mike DeMarco spearhead a team with 10 returning letterwinners, eight of whom averaged at least seven points per game.

I’m no expert on PSAC hoops. But, IUP had a few kids who played great in the Pgh Summer League. One of them (Webb) was outstanding. IUP defeated ESU by 4 points in the PSAC semis. I guess what I am saying is that ESU might not be that bad.

[quote=“tundra, post:2, topic:1450”]ESU was picked as pre-season favorite in the PSAC East this season.

Defending co-East champion East Stroudsburg (24-6, 10-4) is the favorite to repeat this year after a school record 24 wins and the program’s second-ever NCAA tournament appearance. The Warriors should be strong again as starters Mike Tobin, Terrance King and Mike DeMarco spearhead a team with 10 returning letterwinners, eight of whom averaged at least seven points per game.

I’m no expert on PSAC hoops. But, IUP had a few kids who played great in the Pgh Summer League. One of them (Webb) was outstanding. IUP defeated ESU by 4 points in the PSAC semis. I guess what I am saying is that ESU might not be that bad. [/quote]

You seem to have an unusual concept of positive vibes. I’d hate to see what you consider negative vibes.

Someone makes 3pointers
Brooks plays like a versatile 6’9 sr
Frazier dunks

Billy Oliver plays a healthy 20 minutes and we’re actually finally able to see what the young man can do!

listen to Odball

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:1450"]ESU was picked as pre-season favorite in the PSAC East this season.

I’m no expert on PSAC hoops. But, IUP had a few kids who played great in the Pgh Summer League. One of them (Webb) was outstanding. IUP defeated ESU by 4 points in the PSAC semis. I guess what I am saying is that ESU might not be that bad.[/quote]

You seem to have an unusual concept of positive vibes. I’d hate to see what you consider negative vibes.

And where is your positive vibe? Two wrongs don’t make a right.

The seniors get us off to a quick start and turn it over to our younger players. Oliver and Marshall both get a lot of minutes after each sitting out pretty much two full seasons. The true freshmen show why they are here, and give us many positive vibes for the future.

But three lefts do.

• No one gets hurt.

• The 2 guard candidates light it up.

• Frazier shows improvement.

• The Big 3 are dominant in the paint.

• Oliver and Graham show ability as forwards.

I think this is dead on. I think Billy O. and Taran looked the best vs. Temple, out of all players. Once again, Dan Earl’s interview sort of hints they’re playing well. They’re the only two non-starters he mentions. To single them out like that a good sign for them, and the team. I expected it with Taran, but with Billy, hopeful, but no idea. Could be big development, IMO.

[quote="mjg, post:7, topic:1450"]And where is your positive vibe? Two wrongs don't make a right.[/quote]

But three lefts do.

So if I put Obama, Hillary and Pelosi in a room together, I’d have a republican? Scarey thought.

[quote="eric17, post:5, topic:1450"]Billy Oliver plays a healthy 20 minutes and we're actually finally able to see what the young man can do![/quote]

I think this is dead on. I think Billy O. and Taran looked the best vs. Temple, out of all players. Once again, Dan Earl’s interview sort of hints they’re playing well. They’re the only two non-starters he mentions. To single them out like that a good sign for them, and the team. I expected it with Taran, but with Billy, hopeful, but no idea. Could be big development, IMO.

? ? ? ?

[quote="eric17, post:5, topic:1450"]Billy Oliver plays a healthy 20 minutes and we're actually finally able to see what the young man can do![/quote]

? ? ? ?

Scuttlebutt.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:10, topic:1450"][b]I think Billy O. and Taran looked the best vs. Temple, out of all players.[/b][/quote]

? ? ? ?

Scuttlebutt.

then it wasn’t what you thought they looked like.

Bubby and Taran get to play together for the first time @ the BJC in PSU blue and white! What could be more positive than that! ;D

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:1450"]ESU was picked as pre-season favorite in the PSAC East this season.

I’m no expert on PSAC hoops. But, IUP had a few kids who played great in the Pgh Summer League. One of them (Webb) was outstanding. IUP defeated ESU by 4 points in the PSAC semis. I guess what I am saying is that ESU might not be that bad.[/quote]

And where is your positive vibe? Two wrongs don’t make a right.

grumpy old men

:smiley:

If they had three other equally as talented brothers playing with them? :slight_smile:

Run Talor.
Run Taran, run.
Run Tim.

Look ED.
See Penn State run.

[quote="CAPPY, post:15, topic:1450"]Bubby and Taran get to play together @ the BJC in PSU blue and white! What could be more positive than that! ;D[/quote] Or 6'10" cousin

If they had three other equally as talented brothers playing with them? :slight_smile:

• All the newbies get the jitters out and get some solid playing time

• A starting 5 starts to form as the team starts to gel

• Brooks throws down a nasty Alley-oop! 8)

we know he can do that…I’m hoping we see him swat a nasty block inbounds or rip a rebound out of an opponent’s grubby paws.