PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vices (St Joseph's)

So after my “vides” gaffe, I’m working my way back to vi"b"es with a stop at vi"c"es. Allow me to start.

I like to watch Penn State hoops while my wife screams at me to help her put the kids to bed. Yet there I sit watching away.

I have loads of work to do (especially today), yet I’m on this board starting up this thread.

Not a vibe or a vice, but a good story about me and St Joe’s nonetheless…

I was out at a 76ers shootaround at the old gym on the St Joe’s campus, just talking to the media relations director of the Sixers. When all of a sudden comes this Dinka voice yelling my way “Yo Jackson”.
I turn just as a ball knocks me on the noggin. It was from one of Manute Bol’s 3-point moon shots that ricocheted off the rim. I loved Manute. RIP.

Posting on this board in general is a huge vice for me, and probably most.

I’ll stick with another 4 blocks from Brooks. Against Idris that would be sweet.

Hawks gave up 90+ last time out.

We’re puttin up a hun tonite.

St. Joes doesn’t have a football team.

They also don’t have a Talor Battle.

Jeff Brooks plays angry…second half Lehigh angry.

Taran throws one down and banks in another 3.

Frazier with 6+ assists.

Oliver gets hot for a stretch. Really hot.

I get some free Papa John’s pizza.

double digit halftime lead

Bowman, Woodyard, Graham and Marshall each see 5 min of gametime

[quote=“Speed, post:4, topic:1505”]Hawks gave up 90+ last time out.

We’re puttin up a hun tonite.[/quote]

Balamber, Bleda, Atilla or Ellac?

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:8, topic:1505”]double digit halftime lead

Bowman, Woodyard, Graham and Marshall each see 5 min of gametime[/quote]

Double digit halftime lead doesn’t slip away… :wink:

Hopefully more of a rotation starts to round out then the 7 we have already.

Free throws continue to fall.

We continue to get good looks, and hopefully continue to go inside.

[quote="Speed, post:4, topic:1505"]Hawks gave up 90+ last time out.

We’re puttin up a hun tonite.[/quote]

Balamber, Bleda, Atilla or Ellac?

Any, so long as we pillage and plunder the Hawk Nation tonite. :smiley:

Nice to see St. Joes back at the BJC. PSU plays in better unison and looks like the team that played the second half vs Lehigh. Battle goes for 20+, Jackson goes for 15+, Brooks and Buie go for 10+.

Taran has his real coming out party–15 points, 8 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals

And I get drunk off hot dogs

[quote=“WishCurleyCared17, post:13, topic:1505”]Taran has his real coming out party–15 points, 8 boards, 5 assists, 4 steals

And I get drunk off hot dogs[/quote]

Just don’t pee in public. Might get your name in the newspaper. :wink:

How’s this for a positive vibe…

An hour or so before tip-off and I get home to help my son with his homework. He’s studying about the French and Indian War (why it was called the French and Indian War since they were fighting on the same side is still a mystery to me. Maybe the French and Indians called it the British and Colonists War…who knows).

Anyway, the first question that he needed help on was about the Albany Congress. My answer…Talor Battle and Taran Buie combining forces on the basketball court to dispose of their Big Ten opponents.

With that vibe, I expect nothing less than Talor and Taran to both hit for 17 points. With Battle adding 5 dimes and Buie chipping in with 4 steals. Why those numbers you ask? Well the year the Albany Congress met…1754.

My only question then is shouldn’t we be playing this game against Lafayette or LaSalle?

Feel the vibes folks, feel the vibes.

Radio link tonight if anyone interested: http://209.50.129.233:8080/wkok

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:15, topic:1505”]With that vibe, I expect nothing less than Talor and Taran to both hit for 17 points. With Battle adding 5 dimes and Buie chipping in with 4 steals. Why those numbers you ask? Well the year the Albany Congress met…1754.

My only question then is shouldn’t we be playing this game against Lafayette or LaSalle?[/quote]

Lafayette wasn’t born until 1757, and La Salle U is actually named after the saint, not the explorer, even though their nickname is the Explorers. Something that has never made sense to me.