Positive Vibes

Penn State is only two games behind #6 ranked Purdue in the Big Ten standings. ;D

PSU isn’t winless. Oh wait they are, kinda.

Edit: Purdue won’t be #6 on Monday, probably 15-20. :wink:

Trey Burke and Northland came from ten down to defeat Oak Hill. ;D

The sun rose this morning. :slight_smile:

Golf courses in eastern Pa. are opening again, WAHOO! :smiley:

Sarcastic Vibes? :wink:

Lar hasn’t defended Ed today :wink: sorry Lar

ok, here’s my attempt at being positive…how about next year’s starting backcourt of Battle, Buie, and Babb with Frazier and Edwards being part of a regular rotation…that leaves Marshall and Woodyard fighting for leftover minutes…that could be a pretty darn good group of guards (accounting for 120 minutes of PT per game)…I can also live w/ 25 minutes per game from DJ…that leaves 55 minutes for Brooks, Jones, Ott, Sasa, and Oliver…Just keep throwing them against the wall and see if they stick…

for this season however, Sasa needs to get some minutes…right now he’s our back up QB in the sense that no one knows if he’s any good but we all want to believe he’s better than the starter.

It’s almost time to turn our attention to the dance team and the hot girls. That’s what happened last year when things went sour.

[quote=“Finding Forrester, post:8, topic:669”]ok, here’s my attempt at being positive…how about next year’s starting backcourt of Battle, Buie, and Babb with Frazier and Edwards being part of a regular rotation…that leaves Marshall and Woodyard fighting for leftover minutes…that could be a pretty darn good group of guards (accounting for 120 minutes of PT per game)…I can also live w/ 25 minutes per game from DJ…that leaves 55 minutes for Brooks, Jones, Ott, Sasa, and Oliver…Just keep throwing them against the wall and see if they stick…

for this season however, Sasa needs to get some minutes…right now he’s our back up QB in the sense that no one knows if he’s any good but we all want to believe he’s better than the starter.[/quote]

Unless you have a very elite set of guards, which we certainly do not, it is very difficult to win with a terrible frontcourt. I think people are looking at the guard positions where we are at least competitive with other Big 10 teams, and failing to remember we have the worst frontcourt in the league.

[quote="Finding Forrester, post:8, topic:669"]ok, here's my attempt at being positive...how about next year's starting backcourt of Battle, Buie, and Babb with Frazier and Edwards being part of a regular rotation....that leaves Marshall and Woodyard fighting for leftover minutes....that could be a pretty darn good group of guards (accounting for 120 minutes of PT per game)....I can also live w/ 25 minutes per game from DJ....that leaves 55 minutes for Brooks, Jones, Ott, Sasa, and Oliver....Just keep throwing them against the wall and see if they stick....

for this season however, Sasa needs to get some minutes…right now he’s our back up QB in the sense that no one knows if he’s any good but we all want to believe he’s better than the starter.[/quote]

Unless you have a very elite set of guards, which we certainly do not, it is very difficult to win with a terrible frontcourt. I think people are looking at the guard positions where we are at least competitive with other Big 10 teams, and failing to remember we have the worst frontcourt in the league.

Can we PLEASE keep this positive?

There are a litany of other places that criticism of the post players, the guards, the coaches, etc. can be made. >:(

[quote="Finding Forrester, post:8, topic:669"]ok, here's my attempt at being positive...how about next year's starting backcourt of Battle, Buie, and Babb with Frazier and Edwards being part of a regular rotation....that leaves Marshall and Woodyard fighting for leftover minutes....that could be a pretty darn good group of guards (accounting for 120 minutes of PT per game)....I can also live w/ 25 minutes per game from DJ....that leaves 55 minutes for Brooks, Jones, Ott, Sasa, and Oliver....Just keep throwing them against the wall and see if they stick....

There are a litany of other places that criticism of the post players, the guards, the coaches, etc. can be made. >:(

Forgive me for thinking your were being cynical in your first post, which pokes fun at our last place standing.

Let me follow suit and post something much more on topic in a PSU basketball message board: the white chili I made for dinner was good.

Forgive me for thinking your were being cynical in your first post, which pokes fun at our last place standing.

Let me follow suit and post something much more on topic in a PSU basketball message board: the white chili I made for dinner was good.

No I wasn’t being cynical. I decided to post something positive to try and get people refocused on what is right with this season.

Before evey naysayer attacks me, keep in mind the subject of this thread:

Keep in mind that this team has lost road games to Temple, Illinois, and Minnisota by a total of 9 points. Thow in a road loss to Iowa by 3 and to Tulane on a nuetral cout by 3 and that is 6 losses by a total of 15 points. However, I dare say that after 17 games if we could be averaging one more point a game and sprinkle them judiciously over the games mentioned here we could have 5 or 6 more wins and a 13-4 season and we would all be doing high fives.

[quote=“Duff, post:14, topic:669”]Before evey naysayer attacks me, keep in mind the subject of this thread:

Keep in mind that this team has lost road games to Temple, Illinois, and Minnisota by a total of 9 points. Thow in a road loss to Iowa by 3 and to Tulane on a nuetral cout by 3 and that is 6 losses by a total of 15 points. However, I dare say that after 17 games if we could be averaging one more point a game and sprinkle them judiciously over the games mentioned here we could have 5 or 6 more wins and a 13-4 season and we would all be doing high fives.[/quote]

It’s true. We have been right there in all but one game this year, from what I remember. Just need to start getting over the hump and learn how to win close games by executing better. We’re very close to being decent. :slight_smile:

We still have 2 games vs MSU, 2 games vs Purdue, 2 games vs tOSU, 1 game vs Wisconsin, 1 vs Illinois. 1 vs Minnesota, 2 vs NW, 1 vs Michigan and 1 vs Indiana. Then we have the Big Ten Tourney where anything can happen.

Lots to play for, even if it’s not for a trip to the post season. OK, keeping it positive, yes, we are still alive for a postseason bid.

You know, I learned early on that as a fan you have to stay true to your team no matter what happens to them. The true fan does just this. Though I live 12 hours from PSU, I will nonetheless be at every game in spirit, win or lose, from here on out.

ED, Talor and the team deserve our support.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:16, topic:669”]We still have 2 games vs MSU, 2 games vs Purdue, 2 games vs tOSU, 1 game vs Wisconsin, 1 vs Illinois. 1 vs Minnesota, 2 vs NW, 1 vs Michigan and 1 vs Indiana. Then we have the Big Ten Tourney where anything can happen.

Lots to play for, even if it’s not for a trip to the post season. OK, keeping it positive, yes, we are still alive for a postseason bid.

You know, I learned early on that as a fan you have to stay true to your team no matter what happens to them. The true fan does just this. Though I live 12 hours from PSU, I will nonetheless be at every game in spirit, win or lose, from here on out.

ED, Talor and the team deserve our support.[/quote]

Criticizing ED or the players does not make you less of a fan. You stay true to the school, not the head coach, and when its time for a head coaching change, a true fan will also realize this.

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:16, topic:669"]We still have 2 games vs MSU, 2 games vs Purdue, 2 games vs tOSU, 1 game vs Wisconsin, 1 vs Illinois. 1 vs Minnesota, 2 vs NW, 1 vs Michigan and 1 vs Indiana. Then we have the Big Ten Tourney where anything can happen.

Criticizing ED or the players does not make you less of a fan. You stay true to the school, not the head coach, and when its time for a head coaching change, a true fan will also realize this.

Then if that’s what you want, start your own topic that criticizes DeChellis. But please leave this one for the positive things some of us still see in this team. >:(

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:16, topic:669"]We still have 2 games vs MSU, 2 games vs Purdue, 2 games vs tOSU, 1 game vs Wisconsin, 1 vs Illinois. 1 vs Minnesota, 2 vs NW, 1 vs Michigan and 1 vs Indiana. Then we have the Big Ten Tourney where anything can happen.

Then if that’s what you want, start your own topic that criticizes DeChellis. But please leave this one for the positive things some of us still see in this team. >:(

Keep fighting the good fight Cranky.

“My team is on the floor”

Keep fighting the good fight Cranky.

"My team is on the floor"

I’m a sad, sad panda. :’(