Positive Vibes: Virginia

It’s about that time!

-Continue the hot shooting.
-Jones finally steps up for a big performance when we need it.
-DJ has another good outing, plays within himself.
-We dominate on the boards, Edwards continues to show he’s a solid contributor
-Talor Battle steals the show

Babb hits the 3 and Brooks hits the boards.

Chris Babb has a breakout game, scores 23.

I’m feeling a Talor Battle breakout night. Triple double for TB. 25-12-10.

Brooks gets into the act with his own double-double… 12-10.

Edwards starts to feel more comfortable and he nabs 10 boards.

The team plays loosely and confidently away from the Jordan Center.

Thanks for starting this up Bleed…

Largest rooting “section” of the season, as all 11 Big Ten fan bases will be watching and cheering for PSU.

Babb, Battle, Woodyard find their range from 3.

DJ continues his improvement in the paint.

Solid play from Bill Edwards (I really like this kid)

Bill Edwards goes off

We find the stroke again on the road.

The team chemistry starts to show on the floor. The young guns start to light it up more (Edwards, Babb, Frazier, Woodyard, etc.) and the veterans begin to lead by example (Brooks, DJ, Jones, Battle).

We win this one at the end with clutch free throw shooting.

The continued good shooting

Drew Jones playing like he did during the NIT

We share the ball well and get good looks on O

Babb, Edwards and Woodyard shut down Landesberg.

I’m betting DJ gets that job.

I’m with you on this.

DJ continues his paint scoring.

I see lots of TO’s tonight by UVA. Their pg, Zeglinski, IMO, is terrible with the ball. They played Minny last year in this challenge, and he was beyond bad. Not a bad shooter, but Battle or Frazier will pick this guy, and he’s playing 30mpg, so he’s going to be out there. He’s nowhere near quick enough for these guys, and last year, IMO, he was a major problem on this team. Their other starting guards, Jones and Landesberg, much bigger, at 6’4" and 6’6", respectively. UVA starts those 3 guards, and 6’8" and 6’9" players. Sizewise, we match up well, but Battle and Frazier probably not on the floor much together. We probably go a bit bigger. On a 6 degrees of separation from Albany note, Buie’s Maginn team, the year Taran won MVP in the NYPHSAA championships, lost to Lance Stephenson’s Lincoln team in the Federation(NYC teams, public and Catholic) semis. The next day, Lincoln crushed Landesberg’s Holy Cross team in the finals by maybe double the Maginn loss to them.

PG play and DJ are difference on offense.

Talor has his way with Zeglinski and has big night.

:smiley:

I love this.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:13, topic:372"]On a 6 degrees of separation from Albany note......[/quote]

I love this.

Hey, gotta give Albany its due, at least on bball. :wink: Other than bball, that town needs all the help it can get. Albany helped out PSU. And Tim’s from there, at least worked and lived there. So without Albany, maybe no board. What other town can boast sourcing a top player(s) and the top fan board? :wink:

[quote="kidcoyote, post:13, topic:372"]On a 6 degrees of separation from Albany note......[/quote]

I love this.

Hey, gotta give Albany its due, at least on bball. :wink: Other than bball, that town needs all the help it can get. Albany helped out PSU. And Tim’s from there, at least worked and lived there. So without Albany, maybe no board. What other town can boast sourcing a top player(s) and the top fan board? :wink:

Props for the segue.

I love this.

Props for the segue.

Lived there for a great five years and owned real estate there for an awful 14!

[quote=“BleedPSU, post:1, topic:372”]It’s about that time!

-Continue the hot shooting. Eh, 44%, 35% from three. Not great, not abysmal
-Jones finally steps up for a big performance when we need it. Nope
-DJ has another good outing, plays within himself. Not much scoring, but I love 7 rebounds
-We dominate on the boards, Edwards continues to show he’s a solid contributor. Great job on the glass
-Talor Battle steals the show Talor Battle won the game[/quote]

Still waiting to see Jones break out. If he does that, I think you see this team start taking some big games coming up.

Jones is at his best when he can take the low feed right up to the rim. He just isn’t that great a creating down low. He may be trying to shoot that ten footer to open things up.

I had the right feel for the game. Called for a Talor triple double (OK, far from it, but thought he’d have a big game) and a Brooks double double (finished w/ 8 and 9).

Granted, this was a pure guess.