Positive Vibes (Slippery Rock)

I was going to hold off on this until the games meant something, but couldn’t resist… Thoughts, predictions or something you as a fan would like to see from the team.
All I ask is you keep your thoughts positive…

Talor Battle flashes mid-season form. Gives way to Tim Frazier in the second half.

Babb, Oliver, Woodyard and the freshmen get some good run. Play 10-20 minutes a piece.

Andrew Jones rocks the rim, owns the paint.

Defense, Defense, Defense. A team like SRU who might shoot 50 3’s can more easily shoot themselves OUT of a game than shoot themselves into a game. Especially on the road. Good chance for PSU to test their perimeter "D."
I hope for a nice lead and then “fun time” where some our new guys can get some legs in front of a crowd.

I"m thinking we drop 3 digits and keep them out of reach by about 40.

But honestly, wanna see decent D, production from the inside more than anything. Outside shot should be there, it’s about playing inside that’ll give us a chances this season.

I’m willing to give a away some free passes tonight, but that doesn’t mean they can play sloppy. That isn’t going to happen though!

Dying to see the newbies. Babb with some decent minutes and Oliver also.

I think we see everyone play some minutes by the end of the game. Regular rotation the first half. The rest of the guys play a lot the second half. Not a close game, but maybe the score is deceiving. Specifics: Looking for Babb to take a healthy amount of shots from the arc. Looking to see Frazier and Battle on the floor together. Looking to see Jones take over the paint. Looking for Oliver to show why we’ve been talking about him for the last two years. And most importantly, everyone stays healthy.

That nobody gets hurt. (Speaking of which, was it Jeff Rice’s article that mentioned that Billy Oliver is a “maybe” due to headaches?)

Yeah, I’m interested to see how this plays out also. We shall see! Too many of these shots …may not be “healthy” for the team. Last years team was a joy to watch. Good ball security and good shot selection! Let’s see how this team plays out. I DO NOT want to return to the “chuck and duck” (or whatever William called it) days.

[quote="mjg, post:5, topic:195"]Specifics: Looking for Babb to take a healthy amount of shots from the arc.[/quote] Yeah, I'm interested to see how this plays out also. We shall see! Too many of these shots .......may not be "healthy" for the team. Last years team was a joy to watch. Good ball security and good shot selection! Let's see how this team plays out. I DO NOT want to return to the "chuck and duck" (or whatever William called it) days.

That’s why I used the word “healthy”. I didn’t mean for it to mean a lot of 3’s. I meant that he shoots enough to get his stroke going but within the team concept. Some games that might mean he takes 15. Some games it could mean 5.

While the game is not important, SRU gave Pitt a run. I expect it will be more like regular game. If PSU is blowing them out, yes, subs are all in the second half. I don’t see that happening. IMO, top 6 will dominate minutes, Battle, DJ, Jones, Brooks, Babb, Frazier. Battle will play at least 30 minutes. Hope Oliver plays, but it will be less than 10 minutes, IMO, due to headaches.

I would like to see us blow them out, but realistically, who knows. Pitt got all they could hand from the Rock and we seen what just happened to Syracuse so who knows. Oddly enough, I seen Slippery Rock play a couple times last year, and they are pretty darn good. I mean obviously not to our standards, but for a D-2 team they can play.

Heres what I’m most looking forward to seeing…

1. I’m very interested to see how much Battle and Frazier are on the court together, if any. I’d like to see this a decent amount, but it’s still up in the air how much this could happen. I think it could really help us on both sides of the ball, so this is will be interesting to see.

2. It’s time to see Frazier in a game. Let’s see what this kid got. I’ve read so much about him and watched him in practice, excited to see him tonight.

3. How much is Babb going to shoot, and how is he going to shoot? This is mentioned above, and I hope I leave the BJC with a great feeling about Babb.

4. Can we please see Bill Oliver. I know he’s hurt but lets get him some minutes tonight. I’ll settle with 5.

5. I’m excited to see how Sasa can score. He put up huge numbers against big time high schools, so it’ll be exciting to see him score. From what I understand of him, the guy can just put in the cup.

6. Who is going to play the 3 and who is going to play the 4. What are the lineups going to be like. Will we go with 3 guard lineups. I know they might not bust out everything we plan to do this year but it’ll still be interesting to see.

7. Who is going to score down low? Someone needs to step it up and become the go-to-guy, and they got to start showing the coaches tonight they can be that guy.

8. Will we press? What will the tempo be like. Once again its just an exhibition game so I’m sure somethings will not be showed, but we’ll see what happens here.

9. The recruits in the building. It’ll be nice to see this guys, even Trey Burke. Let’s welcome them to Happy Valley!

I’ve been counting down until this day for months now, can’t believe its here. Gonna be another exciting/stressful winter.

Yes. Its probably Post-concussion syndrome related issue.

[quote="mjg, post:5, topic:195"]Specifics: Looking for Babb to take a healthy amount of shots from the arc.[/quote] Yeah, I'm interested to see how this plays out also. We shall see! Too many of these shots .......may not be "healthy" for the team. Last years team was a joy to watch. Good ball security and good shot selection! Let's see how this team plays out. I DO NOT want to return to the "chuck and duck" (or whatever William called it) days.

That’s why I used the word “healthy”. I didn’t mean for it to mean a lot of 3’s. I meant that he shoots enough to get his stroke going but within the team concept. Some games that might mean he takes 15. Some games it could mean 5.

OK. Let’s see. Babb has a nice stroke. But sometimes last year he was “too fast on the trigger” for my taste. Danny Morrissey came to PSU as a great stationary long range shooter. But his first 2 years he put up too many “real bad” shots. Not as many in his 3rd year. Must better in his 4th.
But, I will approach viewing this game with an open mind (nothing in there :wink: .)