PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vibes (Post-Maine)

Hey…there are 18 Big Ten games against a number of the best teams in the land. Ten against Top 21 teams and four more against Top 35 or something like that.

Win all 18 and we go dancing in a big way.

I know, it’s not easy folks, but surely there has to be something to be positive about…Right???

To be honest…it’s time to build for the future.

I’d love to see Battle with Buie, Frazier, Marshall, Bowman and Oliver get serious run from here on out. Play Brooks at the five and rock and roll. PSU’s defense might take a hit, but isn’t it already (OK not exactly all positive and peachy with that statement, but this is one Positive Vibe thread that you can be a bit critical if the crux of your message is positive in nature).

Have at it…

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:1, topic:1669”]Hey…there are 18 Big Ten games against a number of the best teams in the land. Ten against Top 21 teams and four more against Top 35 or something like that.

I know, it’s not easy folks, but surely there has to be something to be positive about…Right???

I’d love to see Battle with Buie, Frazier, Marshall, Bowman and Oliver get serious run from here on out. Play Brooks at the five and rock and roll. PSU’s defense might take a hit, but isn’t it already (OK not exactly all positive and peachy with that statement, but this is one Positive Vibe thread that you can be a bit critical if the crux of your message is positive in nature).

Have at it…[/quote]

This is why you are, and have always been my favorite poster.lol

Hey...there are 18 Big Ten games against a number of the best teams in the land. Ten against Top 21 teams and four more against Top 35 or something like that.

Have at it…

NI, I thought one highpoint from tonight was Marshall. I said it earlier and will say it again. The kid needs more minutes. Maybe he could play Center. Didn’t someone say he’s long? :wink:

We could have lost to Maine at home tonight by eleven or more points, BUT WE DIDN’T!

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:1, topic:1669"]Hey...there are 18 Big Ten games against a number of the best teams in the land. Ten against Top 21 teams and four more against Top 35 or something like that.

Have at it…[/quote]

Hey, now there’s something positive. Off and running… ;D

And yes, from the sounds of it…didn’t see nor actually hear the game…Marshall came out of his shell a little. My feeling is that this could very well become a place for a freshman or sophomore to step in and make a big difference. So before everyone pushes the panic button and thinks that people (especially the underclassmen) are ready to jump ship, remember that most of these young kids will be salivating at the chance to show what they got on the biggest stage in college hoops…The Big Telewelven.

Nice one.

We still got (and hopefully healthy) one of the most exciting players in the nation on our team. That alone makes the games worth watching for me. And hey, if you’re a fan of the constant high ball-screen offense, this is the place for you!

I tried.

Well, officially, it is still the BigTen, with the clever 11 in negative space, until the end of the season. I’m so proud to play in a conference with such a solid and unanimously praised logo. ;D

[quote="BeerNitLion, post:4, topic:1669"]We could have lost to Maine at home tonight by eleven or more points, BUT WE DIDN'T![/quote]

Nice one.

We still got (and hopefully healthy) one of the most exciting players in the nation on our team. That alone makes the games worth watching for me. And hey, if you’re a fan of the constant high ball-screen offense, this is the place for you!

I tried.

;D I like that.

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:1669"]So before everyone pushes the panic button and thinks that people (especially the underclassmen) are ready to jump ship, remember that most of these young kids will be salivating at the chance to show what they got on the biggest stage in college hoops...[b]The Big Telewelven[/b].[/quote]

Well, officially, it is still the BigTen, with the clever 11 in negative space, until the end of the season. I’m so proud to play in a conference with such a solid and unanimously praised logo. ;D

eleven now, twelve next year, yet forever “Ten”…Telewelven

Real simple. Ws the two upcoming roadies. Let’s check after Monday.

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:1669"]So before everyone pushes the panic button and thinks that people (especially the underclassmen) are ready to jump ship, remember that most of these young kids will be salivating at the chance to show what they got on the biggest stage in college hoops...[b]The Big Telewelven[/b].[/quote]

eleven now, twelve next year, yet forever “Ten”…Telewelven

So was that a Leader performance or a Legendary performance.

The PR blunder couldn’t have come at a worse time. I think we can all agree on that. It makes for a convenient punch line every time a BigTen team loses. PSU joined the BigTen conference to test ourselves against some of the best teams in the country, not to be the punchline of some corporate re-branding campaign.

Keeping it on a positive note…and seeing that we’ve delved into the Leaders/Legends talk. I’ve decided to put together two divisions for this board…

The Onward Division (just keep moving things along regardless of the outcome…people who can keep it real but mainly on a positive note)

The Upward Division (always look on the bright side of life…the idealists or sunny people of the board)

Please post the posters who you feel belong in either division. There is no “negative” division, for this is a positive vibes thread.

There is a renewed BUZZ about PSU hoops after tonight’s Maine Game. Things were quiet and people seemed detached-not anymore!!!

NittanyIllini, i don’t think it’s a good idea to divide this board even moreso than it already is. Many of us have already been labeled in such ways by others members. Division is…well divisive. Labeling those as Onward or Upward will be about as productive as labeling teams in a conference either Legends or Leaders. United we stand, or divided we fall.

The sky isn’t falling, just the fogs coming down (does that count for this thread?? ;))

Onward: NittanyIllini, hoopla, mhenry, danlauver, jjepsu92, NGameday, BleedPSU, Skeeza

Upward: PSUChamp, Cappy, UncleLar, TJB

To get us started

^That’s quite an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as Cappy, UncleLar, and TJB. But seeing as we’ve learned from our Lord Jim Delany, the key to splitting a conference up into divisions is to do it not by geography or ideology, but by competitive balance, competitive equity as Jim says.

Yes, State4Life, it’s “competitive equity” that is the key to divisions. There has to be the same number of teams in each division too. Also, remember when selecting which team from each division is to represent the conference in the BigTen Championship Game that year, if multiple teams are tied for the best record, whichever member has the highest BCS ranking is declared division champion. We don’t want to put our greatest rivalries in seperate divisions, unless of course they are Michigan Ohio St, in which case it’s okay because they still play each other every year to end the season.

Oh, and State4Life, you are one of my greatest rivals. So I worry that we may end up in opposite divisions and won’t be able to play each other every year. In that case, can we be each other’s protected crossover game? ::slight_smile:

I’m going to try to say this as positively as possible.

Please, my friend, stop taking everything said or posted on a message board so literally and personally. This is supposed to be a fun thread on a fun board. Treat it as such and life will be just grand. (How’d I do?)

[quote=“PSUChamp08, post:17, topic:1669”]^That’s quite an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as Cappy, UncleLar, and TJB. But seeing as we’ve learned from our Lord Jim Delany, the key to splitting a conference up into divisions is to do it not by geography or ideology, but by competitive balance, competitive equity as Jim says.

Yes, State4Life, it’s “competitive equity” that is the key to divisions. There has to be the same number of teams in each division too. Also, remember when selecting which team from each division is to represent the conference in the BigTen Championship Game that year, if multiple teams are tied for the best record, whichever member has the highest BCS ranking is declared division champion. We don’t want to put our greatest rivalries in seperate divisions, unless of course they are Michigan Ohio St, in which case it’s okay because they still play each other every year to end the season.

Oh, and State4Life, you are one of my greatest rivals. So I worry that we may end up in opposite divisions and won’t be able to play each other every year. In that case, can we be each other’s protected crossover game? ::)[/quote]

See Champ…that’s more like it.

That was just to get us started, not finalized.

Sure, no problem