PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vibes (Ole Miss)

I had thoughts about making the five and a half hour trek (one way) to and from Atlanta today to see the boys play, but my schedule (and my sanity) got the worst (or is that the best) of me. Then “Black Water” came on the radio this morning as I was driving home from a youth football game, with the lyrics “Ole Mississippi, she’s calling my name”. True story. Then I tried to convince my wife, as Kevin Costner did with Amy Madigan in Field of Dreams when he told her that he had to be at Fenway Park with Terrance Mann, but to know avail.

While the lyrics and the song was a downright coincidental and freaky occurrence, I did not have any dream of having to be at Ole Miss with JD Salinger (which would really be freaky) or Harper Lee (who will probably be watching the Auburn/Alabama game at her home today) watching a Penn State basketball game.

So instead, I sit in Atlanta wishing the boys all the good karma one can via this thread…

The Killer B’s sting the Rebels…Battle/Brooks/Buie all drop 20, as Taran has a coming out party.

Penn State 78
Ole Miss 75

These next four games could make or break our season - being that this is the positive vibes thread, I’m feeling like we carry onward and upward with the great showing last game and pull off a big road victory tonight and kick these 4 games off with a bang.

I like how the team really looks like a family this year again, and given that this is THE weekend of families getting back together I think it’s a good omen for how we’ll play tonight in our first real test.

The Terrific T’s (Talor, Tim, and Taran) play solid D against the quality guards from Ole Miss.

Brooks is again the X factor, but Battle shows why he is Mr. Clutch.

Lions pull out a close one.

-We see Talor and Taran have their first two-threat performance of the season.

-Jeff Brooks plays angry…Central Connecticut angry.

-PSU wipes the glass clean and get 15-20 second chance points.

The Nittany Battles, I mean, Lions, start off the half on fire. The defense is stellar while Battle and Brooks light it up…

I like the way the team has played this year. First road game for these guys and it’s critical they come out and play with the same passion and energy. @ Mississippi is great measuring stick for the boys. I look for Battle to play solid and find his form early. Brooks continues his passion and drive on the floor, posting a double-double. Oliver continues to score, play solid D, take charges, get the loose balls, Timmy continues to distribute and score when needed, Jones continues his solid contribution on the glass and using both hands to score, and Buie builds on last games performance.
I think this is an easy game for Penn State to get up for. 4 relative easy opponents at home is not exactly exciting for the guys. This is a very exciting game for these guys and they all should be revved up and ready to play a tough opponent. 7 point dogs should only add fuel to the fire.
Play well guys and bring home a W.

We get an OOC road win against an SEC team and it looks pretty good on our tourny resume toward the end of the year.

Northern refs. NOT BigTen refs; just northern…say, Nebraska!

We’re going to wish this game was on TV. :slight_smile:

Penn State is currently the 16th best FT shooting team in the nation. Ole Miss is really bad at giving up fouls.

Looks like we have someone else on the Positive Vibes bandwagon…

PSUSTRETCH The national anthem singer just skipped two verses, hope that signals a rough night for the Rebels as a student free crowd trickles in.

[quote=“noobd, post:11, topic:1547”]Looks like we have someone else on the Positive Vibes bandwagon…

[quote]PSUSTRETCH
The national anthem singer just skipped two verses, hope that signals a rough night for the Rebels as a student free crowd trickles in.[/quote][/quote]
:smiley: