PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vibes (Northwestern)

I realized that I’ve been lax in keeping these threads going. Strangely enough it’s been during this three game skid (OK, Jeff Brooks absence has more to do with that than not having a PV thread). But nevertheless, it is back (and Jeff is back :)). Keep your thoughts positive please.

Jeff is healthy and he’s ready to take the league by storm again. I see him exploding over these last six conference games to make the difference in getting the Nits to the Dance. Then the committee will realize that PSU is indeed a much better, tourney worthy team, with a healthy Jeff Brooks, and give the Nits a little love by taking into account Brooks’ absence over this recent three game losing streak.

Today, Jeff will eclipse the 20 point mark while blocking four shots and altering several more.

As we’ve seen with so many teams this season (other than OSU), they’ve both been riding waves of success and have gone through some rough patches. I really feel with Brooks back in uniform that PSU is poised to crest that wave once again. It helps that the schedule is getting a little easier than it’s been, which will undoubtedly fuel the Nittany’s turnaround from their recent slide.

PSU 68
NW 62

PSU will control things, until NW’s last ditch three point barrage falls a little short.

Haven’t done this in a while:

“Talor Battle is angry.” :wink:

Penn State 72
NW 60

I’d like to see a game with “Andrew Jones is angry” :slight_smile:

I believe the last time Northwestern beat us was during the 2006-2007 season.

Me too. I’d like to see Jones play angry.

Correct.

Every Penn State starter scores in double figures.

Penn State wins 75 to 58

I would like to see a game where a PSU player actually throws a pass to Andrew Jones!! :wink:

If anyone cares we are 2 point favorites in this one. Basically the key to stopping Northwestern is to not let them get hot from 3. If they can’t shoot the 3 they are not coming close to winning.

@nittany_nation Already 10,000 tickets distributed for today's game. A BIG student walk-up will make the BJC ROCK!! #WEWILLNOTBEDENIED

While I am impressed that so many people are interested in coming I kind of wonder why. Is there some special promotion associated with Thon or something? This game is not really against a good opponent so I’m trying to figure out why there is all the interest.

NW beat Illinois last weekend and lost by one to OSU two weeks ago. They are not an easy opponent for us, particularly given our lousy defense against 3-point shooting.

I would like to see Andrew wanting the ball on offense, hands up looking and calling for the ball, and getting active on offense. Andrew with 9 points and 7 boards!

[quote="bballguy, post:9, topic:1932"]If anyone cares we are 2 point favorites in this one. Basically the key to stopping Northwestern is to not let them get hot from 3. If they can't shoot the 3 they are not coming close to winning.[/quote]

NW beat Illinois last weekend and lost by one to OSU two weeks ago. They are not an easy opponent for us, particularly given our lousy defense against 3-point shooting.

And, this is the last weekend game.

[quote=“bballguy, post:9, topic:1932”]If anyone cares we are 2 point favorites in this one. Basically the key to stopping Northwestern is to not let them get hot from 3. If they can’t shoot the 3 they are not coming close to winning. [/quote]Nice call!!

Thank you. They are all or nothing on the 3 ball.