PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vibes - MSU

My hope is that this team plays loose now and realizes that they have multiple offensive weapons that should be utilized.

I will be wearing my now dirty, stinky, 2001 sweet 16 shirt for the 3rd day in a row for good luck! ;D

Positive vibes (ohio state - btt championship)

After the ugly win, don’t be afraid to give it a quick wash. It’s the karma of the T shirt -that does not mean (I think) that it has to be dirty and stinky!

I think Battle will have a huge game tomorrow. He has been really pressing. I think he should be much looser tomorrow, plus he has had a lot of success against MSU.

Agreed. As stupid as it sounds, I think breaking Arnelle’s record was weighing on his mind. He even mentioned it in the post game interview. Nonetheless, I think him and Jeff both play much looser and have great games tomorrow.

yeah, battle and brooks play better.

and lucas can’t possibly play as well.

jackson, jones, and frazier just need to do the same. and let jackson touch the ball…

Thanks GoSpikes for doing my job ;D

I guess I have to bless this thread, which I wholeheartedly do.

Why stop now…

PSU 65
MSU 63

Time to start making history boys…I want to see Jeff Brooks pick up the Nittany Lion and carry him across the floor after a win against Michigan State…ten years to the week that Gyasi did the same.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:7, topic:2099”]Thanks GoSpikes for doing my job ;D

Why stop now…

PSU 65
MSU 63

Time to start making history boys…I want to see Jeff Brooks pick up the Nittany Lion and carry him across the floor after a win against Michigan State…ten years to the week that Gyasi did the same.[/quote]

One of, if not my favorite moment of all time. Seeing Gyasi carry off the lion when I was just a young pup is an image that I can still see as clear as day in my mind. Would LOVE to see a new rendition featuring Jeff ;D

LETS GO BOYS!

…because Talor cannot have 3 straight poor offensive games, can he? He’s outplayed Kalin Lucas throughout his career, and needs to do it one more time.
DJ has a breakout game, 16 pts, AJ has 11 boards.

MSU goes back to shooting like they have been the last 3 weeks.

PSU 65-59.

Battle and Brooks both score twenty. The Lions are undefeated when that happens.

Every crowd member except Sparty and Bucky fans will be rooting for PSU.

The best shirt I’ve seen here at Conseco is the MSU shirt–on the back it says,

Championships
Banners
Rings
Nets

I’m very jealous.

C an’t
B eat
S tate

NCAA on CBS 1993-2003

Don’t know if anybody listens to Steve Czaban on Sporting News Radio but this is pretty funny. Another version of the CBS Sports theme.
Come On and Watch Some Basketball Song

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:7, topic:2099"]Thanks GoSpikes for doing my job ;D

Why stop now…

PSU 65
MSU 63

Time to start making history boys…I want to see Jeff Brooks pick up the Nittany Lion and carry him across the floor after a win against Michigan State…ten years to the week that Gyasi did the same.[/quote]

One of, if not my favorite moment of all time. Seeing Gyasi carry off the lion when I was just a young pup is an image that I can still see as clear as day in my mind. Would LOVE to see a new rendition featuring Jeff ;D

LETS GO BOYS!

someone just posted this today on youtube…

One Shining PSU Moment (2001)

-Winners of 2 in a row, Sparty hasn’t won 3 consecutive games since their first 3 games in November.
-Scoring 13 and 9 in the opening 2 games, Talor Battle hasn’t had 3 consecutive games scoring 20 or fewer this season
-Last time Jeff Brooks was held to 6 points, he responded with 20 the following game
-Oh yeah, and Penn State is 1-0 against MSU in the BTT!

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:7, topic:2099"]Why stop now... PSU 65 MSU 63 Time to start making history boys...I want to see Jeff Brooks pick up the Nittany Lion and carry him across the floor after a win against Michigan State...ten years to the week that Gyasi did the same.[/quote] One of, if not my favorite moment of all time. Seeing Gyasi carry off the lion when I was just a young pup is an image that I can still see as clear as day in my mind. Would LOVE to see a new rendition featuring Jeff ;D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekKwqY_9dXs#]Penn State vs #3 Michigan State - Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinal- 3/9/01[/url]

[quote=“CAPPY, post:2, topic:2099”]I will be wearing my now dirty, stinky, 2001 sweet 16 shirt for the 3rd day in a row for good luck! ;D[/quote]haha keep it on.sleep in it,shower in it, clean in it, eat your bday cake in it but whatever you do don’t take that damn shirt off ! ;D

Frazier continues to score and hits doubles today. After the win today we’ll be calling him Timmer.

Yeah - I’d say Timmer is a big key too - stay out of foul trouble, hit a couple big shots, and distribute the ball. He does that and we’ve got a good shot.

Today’s game will start out more wide open, with a lot of scoring early on. But it will slow down as fatigue sets in. PSU has 2nd half lead, loses it, and then gets - holding on for a close victory.

PSU 62 MSU 59

The stars continue to align themselves.
Cappy’s shirt continues to weave its magic smell errr… spell.

Bubby and Co. make it so.

Three in a row.

Too many bad things happen to us, time for the universe to balance out.

Talor never struggles 3 in a row.

Showtime.