PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vibes (Minnesota)

The boys will take a “win and move on” approach from here on out. It started this past weekend with the dominating performance vs Northwestern and will continue tonight when they take care of serious business against the Gophers.

I truly feel that Battle and Brooks are both on a mission to get to the Dance. And only a couple of Teds and Eds can stand in their way…Hillary/Valentine and Hightower (/Dechellis ;D).

In all seriousness and in keeping with the positive nature of this thread, both Battle and Brooks scorch the nets for over 20 a piece. And I’ll say we see a BIG, BIG game out of Timmy Frazier.

PSU 70
Minny 64

Lions step it up tonight on ESPN and get back into the bubble discussion.

Also, a win tonight puts us alone in 5th place.

I’m glad PSU is on the deuce tonight (despite my relative hatred of everything ESPN, good opportunity for the country to see the boys play). I like the guard matchup. Not crazy about post matchups. I think Brooks has to be extra active in the defensive post, altering and blocking shots. And I really think feeding AJ some opportunities on O is needed, if nothing more than to get some of the trees in foul trouble.

I think PSU pulls away a 4 point win, with Battle icing it at the end. Not expecting an offensive surge from either side. More of our usual plodding. Unfortunately for PSU, UMN is just a hungry for a win but I think the PSU seniors will want it more at home. I also hope for a nice crowd, although reports are predicting otherwise.

PSU 59
UMN 55

[quote=“Mrm170, post:3, topic:1949”]I’m glad PSU is on the deuce tonight (despite my relative hatred of everything ESPN, good opportunity for the country to see the boys play). I like the guard matchup. Not crazy about post matchups. I think Brooks has to be extra active in the defensive post, altering and blocking shots. And I really think feeding AJ some opportunities on O is needed, if nothing more than to get some of the trees in foul trouble.

I think PSU pulls away a 4 point win, with Battle icing it at the end. Not expecting an offensive surge from either side. More of our usual plodding. Unfortunately for PSU, UMN is just a hungry for a win but I think the PSU seniors will want it more at home. I also hope for a nice crowd, although reports are predicting otherwise.

PSU 59
UMN 55[/quote]
I think they are on the mothership, not the deuce. Here at least.

[quote="Mrm170, post:3, topic:1949"]I'm glad PSU is on the deuce tonight (despite my relative hatred of everything ESPN, good opportunity for the country to see the boys play). I like the guard matchup. Not crazy about post matchups. I think Brooks has to be extra active in the defensive post, altering and blocking shots. And I really think feeding AJ some opportunities on O is needed, if nothing more than to get some of the trees in foul trouble.

PSU 59
UMN 55[/quote]

That is correct - and it’s not just “here”, it’s everywhere.

We have been playing better basketball and we are playing at home…!!..What is there not to be positive about?

Bubby and Tim run Hoffarber’s legs off on the defensive end and he can’t shoot on the offensive end. The team continues to play well at home and brings home the W.

[quote="Mrm170, post:3, topic:1949"]I'm glad PSU is on the deuce tonight (despite my relative hatred of everything ESPN, good opportunity for the country to see the boys play). I like the guard matchup. Not crazy about post matchups. I think Brooks has to be extra active in the defensive post, altering and blocking shots. And I really think feeding AJ some opportunities on O is needed, if nothing more than to get some of the trees in foul trouble.

PSU 59
UMN 55[/quote]

That is correct - and it’s not just “here”, it’s everywhere.

My bad. The schedule on the front page here at pennstatehoops shows TV as ESPN2. I obvioiusly didn’t double check it. Thanks for the heads up.

Talor has a reputation for “putting on a show” on national television. I expect the NW blowout momentum to carry over. Minnesota has no answer for PSU’s guard speed without Nolen and I expect the game plan to take advantage of that fact. We win, and it is a MUST WIN!

A couple of other guys step up to carry the scoring load tonight, allowing Talor to pick up his 500th assist at home.

[quote="mhenry41, post:9, topic:1949"]Talor has a reputation for "putting on a show" on national television. I expect the NW blowout momentum to carry over. Minnesota has no answer for PSU's guard speed without Nolen and I expect the game plan to take advantage of that fact. We win, and it is a MUST WIN![/quote]

A lulls of other guys step up to carry the scoring load tonight, allowing Talor to pick up his 200th assist at home.

Both, please!

Rebounding is going to be huge in this game, and will be a tough battle to win since Minnesota will have a size advantage everywhere. But PSU uses its advantages in speed and heart to win the battle on the glass, and claim round 1 in the season series with the Gophers.

Now, as my cable guy would say: Git 'er Done! :wink:

He’s shot poorly the last two games with an injured knee vs. Ohio State. All my negative vibes will be focused on Blake’s bursa sac.

I think our zone can help clamp down on their bigs, who have been unimpressive this year, and their guards won’t shoot lights out. Expecting a workmanlike victory tonight.

[quote="mhenry41, post:9, topic:1949"]Talor has a reputation for "putting on a show" on national television. I expect the NW blowout momentum to carry over. Minnesota has no answer for PSU's guard speed without Nolen and I expect the game plan to take advantage of that fact. We win, and it is a MUST WIN![/quote]

A lulls of other guys step up to carry the scoring load tonight, allowing Talor to pick up his 200th assist at home.

…that’s 500th assist. :wink:

Agree completely on Battle!!! Battle loves the big stage and usually always plays real well with the national spotlight on him. The guys have taken care of business at the BJC for the most part in the Big Ten and I expect the NW win to carry over tonight.

PSU 58
Minn 52

We never lose on Dollar Dog night when I eat 2 or more hot dogs.

Guess who’s hungry…

We win because…

WE ARE…PENN STATE

Stupid iPhone. Forced to type blind … :-\

[quote="Pezlion, post:10, topic:1949"]A lulls of other guys step up to carry the scoring load tonight, allowing Talor to pick up his 200th assist at home.[/quote]

Stupid iPhone. Forced to type blind … :-</blockquote>

could have been worse

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:1, topic:1949”]The boys will take a “win and move on” approach from here on out. It started this past weekend with the dominating performance vs Northwestern and will continue tonight when they take care of serious business against the Gophers.

I truly feel that Battle and Brooks are both on a mission to get to the Dance. And only a couple of Teds and Eds can stand in their way…Hillary/Valentine and Hightower (/Dechellis ;D).

In all seriousness and in keeping with the positive nature of this thread, both Battle and Brooks scorch the nets for over 20 a piece. And I’ll say we see a BIG, BIG game out of Timmy Frazier.

PSU 70
Minny 64[/quote]

Looks like I have to add “Tim” to that list, as in Higgins. Boy he tried hard to spoil the party didn’t he.

Terrific game by Timmy, as I felt that he’d have some room to roam against the zone. And Talor, not much more to say.

“Win and Move On”