PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive vibes - Illinois

Penn State’s new alternate grays turn out to be out lucky unis and we come away with the upset.

Referees won’t know which team is PSU without the white uniforms and will call a fair game 8)

Does anyone have a picture of the grey unis?

EDIT: Found them. Me likey.

After a nice crowd tonight at open practice the team is fired up. Shooting improves and we win by 3 Battle style.

I just changed the sheets in the guest bedroom :slight_smile:

Penn State 66
Illinois 65

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:2991”]I just changed the sheets in the guest bedroom :slight_smile:

Penn State 66
Illinois 65[/quote]

POTW. :slight_smile:

PSU 38
Illini 33

Ok, maybe I don’t even want that again! :slight_smile:

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:2991”]I just changed the sheets in the guest bedroom :slight_smile:

Penn State 66
Illinois 65[/quote]

Hmm… No re-match on the schedule. NI could be there a while.

I just changed the sheets in the guest bedroom :)

Penn State 66
Illinois 65

I’m surprised she let me back in our room shortly after the first 66-65 game in 2006 when the Illini were sixth in the nation. Wow, that’s five years ago already.

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:2991"]I just changed the sheets in the guest bedroom :)

Penn State 66
Illinois 65[/quote]

I’m surprised she let me back in our room shortly after the first 66-65 game in 2006 when the Illini were sixth in the nation. Wow, that’s five years ago already.

The morning after that was the first time I heard them mention PSU basketball on New York radio.

I actually will be able to watch the game. That is a positive vibe.

If there’s one team you can count on us upsetting every year, it’s the Illini.

Good guys take it 64-61

My Illini Brother won’t bet a lunch on this one, straight up. He said he feels like the BJC is a graveyard for them. ;D

As long as we can keep the orange crush away this time, we’ll be OK :-[

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:2991"]I just changed the sheets in the guest bedroom :)

Penn State 66
Illinois 65[/quote]

Check your math … we’re in 2012!

As for positive vibes, PSU pulls the upset in this one, 72-65. Billy Oliver isn’t sick anymore, so the only thing he is throwing up is 3-pointer after 3-pointer ;D

Penn State 66
Illinois 65[/quote]

Check your math … we’re in 2012!

As for positive vibes, PSU pulls the upset in this one, 72-65. Billy Oliver isn’t sick anymore, so the only thing he is throwing up is 3-pointer after 3-pointer ;D

Double WOW…that’s six years. Triple WOW…a former math major can’t count. OK, that’s not a “wow” at all. :slight_smile:

This should give any PSU fan good vibes.

A historical look at our Illinois domination over the years…WE ARE!

Starting with 2000-2001 (PSU 98 - #6 Illinois 95:

#6 Illinois @ Penn State 1/31/01

And on to 2005-2006…snapping the longest home winning streak in the nation…PSU66 - Illinois 68…haha nope 65
Penn State Basketball 2008 - Illinois-Believe

2007-2008 regular season ownage
PSU 68 ILL 64

Last 7 seconds

The ugliest game ever PSU 38 -Illinois 33
Penn State at Illinois 2009 Highlights

And his name was Battle…PSU 64 - #23 Illinois 63
Mar. 5 - Illinois v. Penn St. - Last 4 Minutes

And finally…winning on a slam by Andrew Jones PSU 57 - #16 Illinois 55
Drew Jones slam seals PSU upset of #16 Illinois

Wr’re breakn out, baby.

Penn state 66
Illinois 55

Student section shows up with Talor Battle masks and puts the whammy on the Illini.

PSU 76

Ill 66

(Halftime score: PSU 38 Ill 33)

I’ve been waiting to see the gray unis all year.

Travis gets a highlight dunk. 4 different guys make a 3. 18 turnovers forced. Clutch free throws down the stretch.

Good guys, 68-64