PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Vibes - Hartford

Just thought I’d change a little of the board’s focus back to hoops today in preparation for tomorrow’s season opener vs the Hawks…

Timmy will lead the way with 20/6/6

Billy cans 5 from downtown

Sasa double-doubles

Have at it boys…

Two head coaching debuts for PSU’s only two profitable sports on the same day. Someone’s gotta win, right? :slight_smile:

That we show the world the class and dignity that we thought we did before the actions of the last week.

^^^^^ This.

That Pat Chambers gets a good, supportive crowd for his first regular season home game. I think he has worked hard to generate interest in the program and he deserves it.

Isn’t it a “free” game to try and get football fans in the door? I would think it reasonable to expect a fun student turnout. Perhaps some of the tailgaters will wander over? I hope the guys get a big crowd for the forst game of the Chambers era! Frazier dumps in 18, Billy drops 12, and one of the new guys drops 10+.

I won’t be able to make it to the game, since I’ll be sittin’ in a tree all day. But I thought this morning on the way in that I BET that the crowd at this game is going to be AWESOME! Whether it’s filled or not I have no idea. But can you imagine the first few times everyone yells “WE ARE…” “…PENN STATE”?

I’m fairly certain the crowd will be shouting this at the top of their lungs - not to mention the fuddy duddies who normally sit on their hands, will at least participate. And I think that fans/students/staff, etc. are dying to express their “Penn State pride” as if to say “We’re not ‘the ones’ all the press is talking about/bashing. WE are the reason Penn State is what it is. …And the crap that’s going on is NOT Penn State”.

If you wouldn’t mind, those of you who are able to go to the game - let me know if this is the case. I think it’s gonna be awesome!

The Chambers Era officially begins!!!

Lots of students…
Lots of die-hards…
Lots of football fans wondering what the Chambers guy ruckus is all about…

A big show and a good solid win.

Following, of course, the exciting PSU 27 Nebraska 24 win across the street.

[quote=“Speed, post:8, topic:2804”]The Chambers Era officially begins!!!

Lots of students…
Lots of die-hards…
Lots of football fans wondering what the Chambers guy ruckus is all about…

A big show and a good solid win.

Following, of course, the exciting PSU 27 Nebraska 24 win across the street.[/quote]
+1 :smiley:

We have a great crowd, the team plays hard in Coach Chambers debut, we win of course, and we show everyone what Penn State truly stands for.

A new attitude,
Will see us beat up Hartford,
Career high for Tim.

[quote=“rwd5035, post:11, topic:2804”]A new attitude,
Career high for Tim.[/quote]

Nice try at haiku
Next time try five-seven-five
Not five-seven-six

;D

A new attitude, Will see us beat up Hartford, Career high for Tim.

Nice try at haiku
Not five-seven-six

;D

A new attitude,
New high for Tim.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Going to the game,
Eager for new attitude,
Hartford will feel pain.

A new attitude, Will see us beat up Hartford, Career high for Tim.

Nice try at haiku
Not five-seven-six

;D

What am I missing?
By my count five - seven - five
I am so confused.

His first haiku post
Ca-re-er is three to me
But I can see two

Though second haiku
Is now at five-seven-four
So tongue back at you

:stuck_out_tongue:

I like people who
Keep at it and persevere
Third 'ku is a charm

;D

Patrick Chambers never dreamed of this PSU opener
Published: Friday, November 11, 2011, 9:31 PM Updated: Friday, November 11, 2011, 9:40 PM
By DAVID JONES, The Patriot-News

Hartford replay scheduled on the BTN regular TV Monday at 10:30 a.m.

Streaming audio for those interested: http://209.50.129.233:8080/wkok

thanks Tundra! listening on the radio right now, dying to be there but I just couldn’t swing it tonight.