Positive Thread

-Guys, PSU has lost 5 games by an average of 4.4 points. 4.4 POINTS!!! To boot, three of those losses with a combined average loss margin of 3.33 points are vs teams with projected final RPI’s of 20, 32, and 79. I’ll also mention that 2 of those games were on the road! Sure we can whine about UNCW and Tulane, and rightfully so, but this is already a different team than they were back in November.
I, for one, cannot claim the utter disappointment that I see from some folks. I mentioned it in another post, but this team reminds me so much, so far, of the 99-2000 squad that lost so many tight contests. (and we all know where that team went in 2000-2001) They just couldnt get over the hump but you could see the ability and watch it develop. We’ll be alright. And to be honest, going in to the barn and fighting as hard as they did, I actually feel a bit better than I did earlier in the day.

Was that…offensive sets we were running? Some high-low? A gameplan other than “dick around and have Talor throw something up with 4 seconds left on the shot clock?” The offense was AWESOME and if it wasn’t for a young team inexperienced in handling the press, we’d have scored 75. Big ups to Ed.

I’m going to sleep just fine tonight knowing we’ve got 17 more league games to strut our stuff - When this team plays with some swagger, they are going to be tough to beat.

Bring on those Badgers! :slight_smile:

We are going to be tough to beat in the BJC. Especially if the student section continues to grow.

The issue is going to be that we will be five games into the B10 season by the time we have a game at the BJC with the students back. If we are 1-4, some of the kids might have already deserted us.

[quote="mjg, post:4, topic:566"]We are going to be tough to beat in the BJC. Especially if the student section continues to grow.[/quote]

The issue is going to be that we will be five games into the B10 season by the time we have a game at the BJC with the students back. If we are 1-4, some of the kids might have already deserted us.

UL, this is supposed to be a “positive thread”.

If we are 1-4, I’m positive some of the kids might have already deserted us. :wink:

[quote="mjg, post:4, topic:566"]We are going to be tough to beat in the BJC. Especially if the student section continues to grow.[/quote]

UL, this is supposed to be a “positive thread”.

Oops. My bad. Lost track of where I was.