PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive thoughts

Thought I’d give somebody the opportunity to hit the like button.

tjb must be feeling much better. New and revised features are showing up on the board. ;D

is the formatting of the posts kinda screwy now as a result for everybody? it puts a huge ~15-line break space from where the like button is down to where a person’s post starts.

i’m using chrome, for the record. looks kinda ugly, hope it doesn’t stay that way (or at all).

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:2, topic:1799”]is the formatting of the posts kinda screwy now as a result for everybody? it puts a huge ~15-line break space from where the like button is down to where a person’s post starts.

i’m using chrome, for the record. looks kinda ugly, hope it doesn’t stay that way (or at all).[/quote]

Looks fine to me and I use Chrome too.

actually i just refreshed and the spacing looks better. still rather annoying, but looks much better.

Now, some posts seem to have a space limit. (seems like mostly non-quoted posts but even some quoted posts) You now have to inefficiently scroll up and down within a post to read more than a few lines. I could provide a screenshot if you like. Like in the 4 four posts of this thread, only UncleLar’s 3rd quoted post doesn’t have the scrolling arrows. Posts 1, 2, and 4 you have to scroll up and down to read the post to make room for the Like and Signup for Facebook. Don’t like seeing a facebook sign up icon on every post. The format doesn’t need to be changed. It’s simple it worked. Do we really need to see a line on every post reminding us to sign up for facebook?

Each post has a scrollbar, even if a small post.

It seems the Facebook bar is getting in the way

[quote=“Tom, post:6, topic:1799”]Each post has a scrollbar, even if a small post.

It seems the Facebook bar is getting in the way[/quote]

Yea, it’s a tad annoying. If tjb goes into the CSS - style.css file and finds the 303 line, then the .post, .personalmessage class and change the overflow: auto; to overflow: hidden; that’ll fix it.

If anyone’s looking for opinions…I like the new “quote” format but I don’t like the Facebook bar…

[quote="Tom, post:6, topic:1799"]Each post has a scrollbar, even if a small post.

Yea, it’s a tad annoying. If tjb goes into the CSS - style.css file and finds the 303 line, then the .post, .personalmessage class and change the overflow: auto; to overflow: hidden; that’ll fix it.

That’s awesome. While I was out, Facebook changed its API (no surprise there) and Twitter changed its authentication method. So the widgets I had installed were broken, and I tried this new one last night. I tried to fix the problem Craftsy noticed by limiting the height of the containing DIV, but I only see the scrollbar on a post or two. I’m going to move the “Like” button to just the first post in a thread, which should reduce the troubles. I’ll try the overflow value, too.

One problem here is for the first time since 1985, I am Microsoft free. (I owned Windows 1, for gosh sake!) So I am not testing on the platform that most people use. I’m getting a Windows machine at work within the next week – the big all-in-one touchscreen, paid for by the disability insurance company that wants to stop paying me really wants me to feel productive and worthwhile by getting back to work.

[quote="Tom, post:6, topic:1799"]Each post has a scrollbar, even if a small post.

That’s awesome. While I was out, Facebook changed its API (no surprise there) and Twitter changed its authentication method. So the widgets I had installed were broken, and I tried this new one last night. I tried to fix the problem Craftsy noticed by limiting the height of the containing DIV, but I only see the scrollbar on a post or two. I’m going to move the “Like” button to just the first post in a thread, which should reduce the troubles. I’ll try the overflow value, too.

One problem here is for the first time since 1985, I am Microsoft free. (I owned Windows 1, for gosh sake!) So I am not testing on the platform that most people use. I’m getting a Windows machine at work within the next week – the big all-in-one touchscreen, paid for by the disability insurance company that wants to stop paying me really wants me to feel productive and worthwhile by getting back to work.

Good changes. I like the way things look now.

Good changes. I like the way things look now.

pennstateno1’s change looks excellent, too. I’m using Rockmelt, which sits on Chrome, on a Mac. Chime in if anyone sees any problems.

Looks much better this morning for me also. No scroll bars, just the like button at the very top. Good stuff. :slight_smile:

I like it :wink:

You computer geeks are way over my head, wish I knew what you were talking about. But I enjoy the commentary, except the constant negative comments on Ed. They make their point and the beat it to death.

I always thought that Rockmelt caused the Chrome to rust on a Mack

Great job tjb. Looks fine now!