PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Positive Predictions (Iowa)

I tried with Vibes and Haiku. Time to switch it up again. Make one solid, positive prediction of a player’s numbers and give us a final score and we’ll see who comes closest to hitting the nail on the head.

Battle 25 points, 4 assists, 4 3ptFGs

Penn State 82
Iowa 68

I think Brooks plays a nice game:
19 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks

Penn State 67
Iowa 54

Timmy finds the hoop

14 points, 10 rebounds, 8 assists

Penn State: 74
Iowa: 62

Lions convert all of their front end bonuses and finish 85% from the FT line to ice the game down the stretch. Battle gets back on track with 25 pts.

65-60, PSU

I’d love to see a double-digit win, though.

Jermaine gets some extended run and finishes with 10 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist.

Guys need to come out and show that they’re in the Big Ten to stay this year and play an all around flawless game in which they don’t let a team that they’re better then beat them at home.

I’m gonna say David Jackson continues a pretty impressive senior season with 16 points and 5 boards.

Penn State- 68 Iowa- 55

Tom Brands gets completely humiliated by Cael.

Oops. Wrong board.

I got Jeff with a quadruple double tonight. 23 pts/13 rebounds/10 assists/15 blocks

Lions roll 67-51

Andrew Jones becomes an IMMOVABLE FORCE from the paint. He gets 20 off reb and 40 points on putbacks.

Talor, DJ and Jeff all have double digit scoring nights and the team outrebounds Iowa by 10+.

PSU 67
Iowa 59

[quote=“Skeeza, post:9, topic:1842”]Andrew Jones becomes an IMMOVABLE FORCE from the paint. He gets 20 off reb and 40 points on putbacks.

[/quote]

Wow! The rest of the team must be having a tough shooting night! :wink:

[quote=“Saints23, post:4, topic:1842”]Lions convert all of their front end bonuses and finish 85% from the FT line to ice the game down the stretch. Battle gets back on track with 25 pts.

65-60, PSU

I’d love to see a double-digit win, though.[/quote]

Edit: Lots of close picks. I like this one though based on the TB prediction and FT prediction.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:8, topic:1842”]I got Jeff with a quadruple double tonight. 23 pts/13 rebounds/10 assists/15 blocks

Lions roll 67-51[/quote]

Craftsy with the score award…Only 2 more PSU points for the exacta.

As for the quad-double…maybe Saturday vs Wisconsin…

[quote="Saints23, post:4, topic:1842"]Lions convert all of their front end bonuses and finish 85% from the FT line to ice the game down the stretch. Battle gets back on track with 25 pts.

65-60, PSU

I’d love to see a double-digit win, though.[/quote]

Edit: Lots of close picks. I like this one though based on the TB prediction and FT prediction.

You know you’re good when “back on track” means 23 points!

Front ends didn’t really come into play, although I think it’s an underrated stat-a missed front end is essentially a turnover. Battle had some great “and 1” finishes that accounted for many of the fouls, and 61-69 seems to be a safe score pick for PSU.

The Nits will need some of the others to heat up going from here on out, I’m hoping the offensive rust will be off and ready for a needed win vs. Sconnie.