PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Plusses and Minuses

While we’re waiting for the Wisconsin game, I thought it would be interesting to look at the guys who could have been a part of this team, but chose to leave for one reason or another. Are we better off or worse without these guys?

1. Chris Babb - I think we would have been better with him playing for us this year. Pretty good shooter; played some good D on bigger guards. I wonder if he wishes he was still here.

2. Bill Edwards - I think we’re better off without him. I never liked the way he fit in with the team. I thought he was too quick to launch a three ball and didn’t think he looked particularly committed to team defense.

3. Andrew Ott - I think we would have been better with Andrew playing this year. Would have given us another big body and five more fouls inside every game. Plus I think he was a better offensive player than Andrew Jones.

Just the same, PSU would have been better with Sasa this year, too.

Think we could have used them all this year given our lack of depth. Even if they sit on the bench for most of every game, at least you have the option of using them at some point should you have to.

I agree. The guys that defected, defected for a reason. Good luck to them in their future endeavors, but losing Sasa and Graham really hurts depth.

I don’t believe PSU has lost Graham to injury. He isn’t playing because the plan was to RS him. They gave him time in the one game now he has to be injured in the eyes of the NCAA.

I believe he was injured. I also believe that he could play but he is better to redshirt.

[quote="Still in State College, post:5, topic:1958"]I don't believe PSU has lost Graham to injury. He isn't playing because the plan was to RS him. They gave him time in the one game now he has to be injured in the eyes of the NCAA.[/quote] I believe he was injured. I also believe that he could play but he is better to redshirt.

If I remember correctly, he had some knee issues that were limiting his pre-season workouts and the decision was made to redshirt him.

[quote=“Great Santini, post:1, topic:1958”]While we’re waiting for the Wisconsin game, I thought it would be interesting to look at the guys who could have been a part of this team, but chose to leave for one reason or another. Are we better off or worse without these guys?

1. Chris Babb - I think we would have been better with him playing for us this year. Pretty good shooter; played some good D on bigger guards. I wonder if he wishes he was still here.

2. Bill Edwards - I think we’re better off without him. I never liked the way he fit in with the team. I thought he was too quick to launch a three ball and didn’t think he looked particularly committed to team defense.

3. Andrew Ott - I think we would have been better with Andrew playing this year. Would have given us another big body and five more fouls inside every game. Plus I think he was a better offensive player than Andrew Jones.[/quote]

We would definitely be better off WITH them this year. Bodies are bodies, and we need them.

The second question is are we better off in the FUTURE with their departures? We picked up Tre Bowman and Jonathan Graham after the departures. It will be seen how these guys evolve.