PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Player/recruit reactions to Chambers

PSUSTRETCH Brian Siegrist
RT @psufraz23: Just got off the phone with my new coach. Sounds like a great guy
27 minutes ago

PSUSTRETCH Brian Siegrist
RT @treylew3: Shout out to Tim Curley for bringing in Pat Chambers to lead the new exciting era of Penn State Hoops. #We Are…
28 minutes ago

[quote=“Tom, post:1, topic:2452”]RT @treylew3: Shout out to Tim Curley for bringing in Pat Chambers to lead the new exciting era of Penn State Hoops. #We Are…
28 minutes ago[/quote]

Probably the second best news that I’ve heard all day!

Hes saying all the right things. While next season might be grim in the W/L columns, I’m getting excited.

I think Chambers’ attitude will certainly get the most out of the players. I think the biggest key for next season is progress. We need to feel like we are getting better. Or, we could just beat Kentucky, and make the NCAA Tournament again. :slight_smile:

Exactly. The joy next season will be watching the young kids develop under a new coach.

Chambers is scheduled to visit Trey Lewis today according to this article in Scout.

You have to love the great attitude that Trey Lewis has.

I like HOW he’s visiting even more than the fact that he is.

“Chambers isn’t exactly driving the three and a half hours from Happy Valley to Garfield Heights – according to Lewis, it will only be a 40-minute plane ride.”

I sure hope this continues. I’ve been harping about the lack of access that the coaches have had to a private plane for recruiting for about ten years now.

A 40 minute plane ride after driving to Baltimore first?:slight_smile:

Good for Chambers. Ed and company had to drive 460 miles round trip to recruit Lewis and Chambers takes a private jet to visit him. I will never understand why TC failed to provide this essential recruiting tool to Ed.

Wouldnt be surprised if he stopped to see Staten in Dayton.

Which begs the question, why wasn’t ED allowed to do so, and why is Chambers suddenly allowed to?

He inked with WVU on his visit.

thought it was just twitter news

[quote="Locksmith, post:10, topic:2452"]Good for Chambers. Ed and company had to drive 460 miles round trip to recruit Lewis and Chambers takes a private jet to visit him. I will never understand why TC failed to provide this essential recruiting tool to Ed.[/quote]

Which begs the question, why wasn’t ED allowed to do so, and why is Chambers suddenly allowed to?

Very good question. I feel really bad for ED that’s what he had to put up with. Crying shame. At least he paved the road for the new coach to take advantage and the University is finally showing some support. Hope it continues.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/wvubasketball/story/id/1095

He admits it will be difficult for him to sit out an entire year due to NCAA transfer regulations, but he believes it will be worth it to have the opportunities he foresees at WVU, which is why he signed during his visit.

[quote="Locksmith, post:12, topic:2452"]thought it was just twitter news[/quote]

He admits it will be difficult for him to sit out an entire year due to NCAA transfer regulations, but he believes it will be worth it to have the opportunities he foresees at WVU, which is why he signed during his visit.

There you go. Missed the latest WV Illustrated

[quote="Locksmith, post:12, topic:2452"]thought it was just twitter news[/quote]

There you go. Missed the latest WV Illustrated

LOL

My buddy Google News tipped me off.

[quote="Locksmith, post:10, topic:2452"]Good for Chambers. Ed and company had to drive 460 miles round trip to recruit Lewis and Chambers takes a private jet to visit him. I will never understand why TC failed to provide this essential recruiting tool to Ed.[/quote]

Very good question. I feel really bad for ED that’s what he had to put up with. Crying shame. At least he paved the road for the new coach to take advantage and the University is finally showing some support. Hope it continues.

Pick your theory (here are three I thought of):

A) He now has a coach he’s really excited about

[ul][li]AD thought it wasn’t necessary to spend excess money on the hoops program. He maybe sees the error in his ways.[/li]
[li]He figures if he’s going to start shelling out more money, he might as well get a coach he really likes.[/li][/ul]

or

B) He’s had the ‘wake up call’ after Ed bolts

[ul][li]AD is like “oh my gosh I never expected Ed to actually leave”[/li]
[li]He then figures he better make some changes in the way the operation runs.[/li][/ul]

or

C) His marching orders re hoops have changed

[ul][li]AD’s marching orders before were to hire cheap, run the program cheap, keep it in the family and keep it clean. Hence Ed and the long drives[/li]
[li]AD recently gets new marching orders, either because of a change in attitude from above or an improvement in finances. He gets a shinny new coach and decides to start paying first class.[/li][/ul]

D: AD was not going to throw good money after bad, in his opinion.

Thats it! I’ll modify (A)

A) He now has a coach he’s really excited about

[ul][li]AD wasn’t excited about Ed and didn’t see reason to shell out extra cash when not confident in getting return[/li]
[li]He now has a coach he really likes, so now it the time to invest.[/li][/ul]