PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Pictures from the Hartford Game

Here’s a Flickr set with some of the pictures I took yesterday.

I’ll be organizing things chronologically and adding tags and descriptions to the pictures later tonight.

Click on the picture to see it full size.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:2, topic:2815”]Click on the picture to see it full size.

[/quote]

That’s really cool, I found myself in the crowd across the floor from you! ;D

[quote=“bstanf, post:1, topic:2815”]Here’s a Flickr set with some of the pictures I took yesterday.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwUNMth

I’ll be organizing things chronologically and adding tags and descriptions to the pictures later tonight.

A sample: [/quote]
Says link is bad. :-[

Here's a Flickr set with some of the pictures I took yesterday.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwUNMth

A sample:

Says link is bad. :-[

It works fine for me.

And it was taken with my phone which really blows my mind. I actually sent a version of it during the game to tjb and he replied “More computing power in your pocket than you were shucking at IBM” and he’s absolutely right.

Very nice panorama, Lar. Did you use an app to take that, or is it a composite of several different shots?

Also, for those wondering, I’ve finally titled and tagged all of the shots in my Flickr album mentioned above. Any feedback is welcome.

[quote=“bstanf, post:7, topic:2815”]Very nice panorama, Lar. Did you use an app to take that, or is it a composite of several different shots?

Also, for those wondering, I’ve finally titled and tagged all of the shots in my Flickr album mentioned above. Any feedback is welcome.[/quote]

Kind of a combination of both.

I’ve actually got a couple of panorama apps. In this case, I used AutoStitch to take the photos. Autostitch doesn’t automatically take the pics (I have some that do). You take a photo, then rotate the camera a bit and take another. Once you finished you just tell AutoStitch to put them together. The photo that I sent tjb was the one that AutoStitch had strong together.

However, there were some very noticeable ghost images in the photo that it created which I wanted to eliminate. So today I went back to the AutoStitch app and told it to save the original photos to the Camera Roll. I’ve got PhotoStream turned on, so when I did that the photos were automatically copied to the cloud then down to my computer (all in less than a minute).

I then used Panorama Maker on my PC to take the individual iPhone photos and stitch them together. It did a much better job of patching (I didn’t notice any ghosts but I’m sure if I searched the photo a bit I could find some seams where the stitching wasn’t perfect).

Very nice panorama, Lar. Did you use an app to take that, or is it a composite of several different shots?

Also, for those wondering, I’ve finally titled and tagged all of the shots in my Flickr album mentioned above. Any feedback is welcome.

Kind of a combination of both.

I’ve actually got a couple of panorama apps. In this case, I used AutoStitch to take the photos. Autostitch doesn’t automatically take the pics (I have some that do). You take a photo, then rotate the camera a bit and take another. Once you finished you just tell AutoStitch to put them together. The photo that I sent tjb was the one that AutoStitch had strong together.

However, there were some very noticeable ghost images in the photo that it created which I wanted to eliminate. So today I went back to the AutoStitch app and told it to save the original photos to the Camera Roll. I’ve got PhotoStream turned on, so when I did that the photos were automatically copied to the cloud then down to my computer (all in less than a minute).

I then used Panorama Maker on my PC to take the individual iPhone photos and stitch them together. It did a much better job of patching (I didn’t notice any ghosts but I’m sure if I searched the photo a bit I could find some seams where the stitching wasn’t perfect).

Here’s a bad stitch.

Obviously, you’ve never seen my mending skills.

[quote="UncleLar, post:9, topic:2815"]Here's a bad stitch.[/quote]

All things considered, being taken from a hnadheld you’re not going to get seamless angles. I’m impressed that there’s an app that does that for you.

[quote="UncleLar, post:9, topic:2815"]Here's a bad stitch.[/quote]

All things considered, being taken from a hnadheld you’re not going to get seamless angles. I’m impressed that there’s an app that does that for you.

I got another pretty good one at Medlar Field during a Spikes game. If you click through to the photo you can see a bad stitch directly in front of you of the right edge of the screen protecting fans behind home - but it’s still a great picture.

Great images guys, I really appreciate it

Great shots, bstanf!

What’s interesting is that the view that I posted is downsized.

Here’s the panorama in actual size, which will make it a lot easier for anyone who wants to find themselves.

Some nice slideshow’s here under Gorman’s Gallery on the link below.

http://www.nittanylionhoopsclub.com/nittany_lion_hoops_club_005.htm

Great photos…thanks!