PIAAs

Finals start this weekend. My “record” button is set!
2 WPIAL teams in already.
2 play tonight.
The AAA game should be very up tempo and interesting. Chartier Valley - Neumann-Goretti

Tonight we could find out if the Single A girls championship match could be a D6 show down. Tri-Valley (D11)plays Northern Cambria (D6) and Vincentian Acad (D7) plays Bishop Guilfoyle (D6).

D6 spilt (East - West) for the Girls A? Do they do that for other classification in D6?

[quote="PSUdraw, post:2, topic:1037"]Tonight we could find out if the Single A girls championship match could be a D6 show down. Tri-Valley (D11)plays Northern Cambria (D6) and Vincentian Acad (D7) plays Bishop Guilfoyle (D6).[/quote]

D6 spilt (East - West) for the Girls A? Do they do that for other classification in D6?

It is done with other districts for certain levels. I think its based on ratio of teams in the districts at that level. In AA girls District 7 gets 7 auto bids and 1 play-in bid. D6 gets four bids in Single A but it is spread over top and bottom of the bracket (there is other Districts who get 4 also). Recent history is the D6 is top single A district with girls hoops. The 2 teams playing in semifinals from D6 has become pretty regular occurrence over past few years.

AAAA championship has featured two teams from District 1 in the past, and it will likely happen again this season.

Any PSU targets/mentions still playing?

Shawn Oakman plays for Penn Wood. Not sure if PSU is recruiting Jaylen Bond from Plymough-Whitemarsh. There is a kid from Liberty who seems to be getting some DI interest. To be honest, I really have no idea who we are recruiting.

A newspaper article said Oakman verballed to PSU for football. BUT then he (Oakman) said it was not true. He is visiting (for football) soon.

The recruiting thread mentioned PSU being Oakman’s favorite since we were recruiting him for both. Not sure how much the hoops coaches are pursuing him.

Newbill from Strawberry Mansion committed to Marquette. Mercyhurst Prep has a skilled 6-9 player, but from what I read he is not Big 10 level material. Imhotep has some really good wings, but I don’t know if we are recruiting any of them. Imhotep’s center committed to GW. Anybody know how good Marcus Dawkins from RCC is? Droney from Sewickley might have been on our radar, but he committed to Davidson a while back. All the Neumann seniors are accounted for and the McConell kid is going to Duquesne.

I thought I read the kid from Eastern York decommitted from Rutgers. Anybody know if we are recruiting him?

[quote=“NICU, post:10, topic:1037”]Newbill from Strawberry Mansion committed to Marquette. Mercyhurst Prep has a skilled 6-9 player, but from what I read he is not Big 10 level material. Imhotep has some really good wings, but I don’t know if we are recruiting any of them. Imhotep’s center committed to GW. Anybody know how good Marcus Dawkins from RCC is? Droney from Sewickley might have been on our radar, but he committed to Davidson a while back. All the Neumann seniors are accounted for and the McConell kid is going to Duquesne.

I thought I read the kid from Eastern York decommitted from Rutgers. Anybody know if we are recruiting him?[/quote]

Yes, he was at a PSU game last year too sitting right behind the basket.

[quote="NICU, post:10, topic:1037"]Newbill from Strawberry Mansion committed to Marquette. Mercyhurst Prep has a skilled 6-9 player, but from what I read he is not Big 10 level material. Imhotep has some really good wings, but I don't know if we are recruiting any of them. Imhotep's center committed to GW. Anybody know how good Marcus Dawkins from RCC is? Droney from Sewickley might have been on our radar, but he committed to Davidson a while back. All the Neumann seniors are accounted for and the McConell kid is going to Duquesne.

I thought I read the kid from Eastern York decommitted from Rutgers. Anybody know if we are recruiting him?[/quote]

I have never seen him play, but he sounds very intriguing.

[quote="NICU, post:10, topic:1037"]Newbill from Strawberry Mansion committed to Marquette. Mercyhurst Prep has a skilled 6-9 player, but from what I read he is not Big 10 level material. Imhotep has some really good wings, but I don't know if we are recruiting any of them. Imhotep's center committed to GW. Anybody know how good Marcus Dawkins from RCC is? Droney from Sewickley might have been on our radar, but he committed to Davidson a while back. All the Neumann seniors are accounted for and the McConell kid is going to Duquesne.

He is on Lar’s matrix, Andrew Nicholas. I have seen him play during the D3 tournament the last three years. I have not heard anything here in the Harrisburg about him decommiting from RU.

http://pennstatehoops.com/recruiting/showRecruits.php?recruitYear=2011

The Patriot News is still calling him a RU verbal on the article on the link below.

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/-5935568137959759938/neumann-goretti-downs-eastern-york-81-73-in-piaa-class-aaa-semifinal-round/

He is on Lar’s matrix, Andrew Nicholas. I have seen him play during the D3 tournament the last three years. I have not heard anything here in the Harrisburg about him decommiting from RU.

Scout still has him as a verbal to Rutgers. I must have read a rumor on a message board about him decommitting around the same time Echenique announced he was transferring.

Scout still has him as a verbal to Rutgers. I must have read a rumor on a message board about him decommitting around the same time Echenique announced he was transferring.

I work with Andrew’s uncle. Andrew is still committed to Rutgers. In fact the Rutgers coach was at his game last night. (this is directly from his uncle).

^Thanks for the info.

Nicholas is VASTLY overrated. He definitely won’t help Fred Hill keep his job…if he is still there for his freshman year.

Heard ticket sales are really good so far for the sessions. I might just pick a couple single games to go too. It was funny watching the Kansas-UNI game thinking I saw the Morris twins when they played at the BJC.

When watching Herb Pope punch some guy in the balls were you thinking I saw him throw his medal to the floor at the BJC?

Good call, it will be D1’s Penn Wood vs. D1’s Plymouth-Whitemarsh in the AAAA state final game on Sat. night.

Yep, it will be a D6 show down, Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Northern Cambria on Sat. afternoon.