PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Petrino out at Arkansas

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot/news/news.aspx?id=4491903

I want to know where that $20 grand went too.

Well she was paying for a wedding.

I want to know where that $20 grand went too.

Well she was paying for a wedding.

That’s just speculation though. I want to actually know what that $20 grand went towards.

Food.

What a quick turnaround.

She was hired just 4 days before this accident.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:6, topic:3241”]What a quick turnaround.

She was hired just 4 days before this accident.[/quote]

Must have been one hell of an interview

I’ll never understand how guys with kids can do this stuff. What an embarrassment.

I heard Arkansas is courting Ozzie Guillen to take over on an interim basis.

That’s why I will never let my kids idolize professional athletes. I know and have seen too much, with guys who you would think would know better. It’s actually pretty pathetic.

I'll never understand how guys with kids can do this stuff. What an embarrassment.

That’s why I will never let my kids idolize professional athletes. I know and have seen too much, with guys who you would think would know better. It’s actually pretty pathetic.

Unfortunately it’s not limited to sports…check your workplace or church or basically anywhere…we’re all naturally inclined to do what we want (aka, we’re selfish)…i gues that’s what makes love and faithfulness such a challenge

[quote="GoSpikes, post:8, topic:3241"]I'll never understand how guys with kids can do this stuff. What an embarrassment.[/quote]

Unfortunately it’s not limited to sports…check your workplace or church or basically anywhere…we’re all naturally inclined to do what we want (aka, we’re selfish)…i gues that’s what makes love and faithfulness such a challenge

You have a point, but it’s really an issue with a good deal of, not all, professional athletes since they are constantly on the road and staying in hotels where the ladies of the night are known to hang out. The athletes don’t have to go searching…they are there and waiting for them to arrive. I used to stay in those hotels with the players and rode up on the elevators with my share of ladies. Of course they never, ever stopped on my floor. :wink:

With no tangible proof to back it up, I believe that many star athletes were coddled and had their ‘questionable’ behavior tolerated from an early age. By the time they get to the top, with even more power and ass kissing adoration that comes with fame it’s not surprising when you hear of the antics. I’m not justifying it, I’m just not surprised by it.

He won 75% of his games and his offensive football reputation will land him an assistant’s position by 2013 no matter his offensive personal reputation.

[quote="GoSpikes, post:8, topic:3241"]I'll never understand how guys with kids can do this stuff. What an embarrassment.[/quote]

You have a point, but it’s really an issue with a good deal of, not all, professional athletes since they are constantly on the road and staying in hotels where the ladies of the night are known to hang out. The athletes don’t have to go searching…they are there and waiting for them to arrive. I used to stay in those hotels with the players and rode up on the elevators with my share of ladies. Of course they never, ever stopped on my floor. :wink:

That’s the big kicker about integrity. Either you have it or you don’t. Period. I use the MLK quote a lot, “You do not judge a man in a time of comfort, you judge him in a time of crisis.” A few others that I use…

Bravery is not the absence of fear, it’s doing things DISPITE the fear.
Trust is not the absence of doubt, it’s believing DISPITE the doubt.
Integrity is not the absence of temptation, it’s doing the right thing DISPITE the temptation.

I remember reading about someone who ripped off a blind man back in the 70’s in my home town. The blind man sold pencils from a little set-up near the square. When you would give him paper money, he would ask you what denomination the bill was. Someone gave him a ONE, and told him it was a TWENTY. They caught the guy. …does it make the situation any less immoral if you try to rationalize, “well, look how easy it was. How could you NOT !!!”

Same goes for these high-profile guys. I don’t want to hear about temptation. Either you do or you don’t, period.

None of us has a clue how his wife treated him. We don’t know anything about their relationship. So let’s not be judge and jury here. This is between the two of them and is really not our place to pass judgement. The biggest issue is that he lied to his employer in an attempt to cover it up. The rest is his business.

Gotta argue with you about that, mjg.

Cover up a motorcycle accident and who was a passenger on the bike? Sure, that’s his business.

Interview your mistress and give her the job for a position in which they received 150+ qualified apllicants. Putting your side piece on the payroll? I don’t care HOW his wife treated him. That opens the door for me to judge.

Another adage I always try to live by… “Don’t sht where you eat", or as someone esle had once put it more eliquently, "Never put your dck in the payroll”!!!

His affairs are his business. His CRIMES are everyones business.

Does anyone ask how Sandusky’s wife treat him? Does anyone care?

Well, his kids are innocent victims in all this. I’ll pass judgement on how his behavior affects them.

I would argue that hiring your girlfriend over 158 applicants and lying about it is a major ethical fail as well.

[quote="mjg, post:15, topic:3241"]None of us has a clue how his wife treated him. We don't know anything about their relationship. So let's not be judge and jury here. This is between the two of them and is really not our place to pass judgement. The biggest issue is that he lied to his employer in an attempt to cover it up. The rest is his business.[/quote]

I would argue that hiring your girlfriend over 158 applicants and lying about it is a major ethical fail as well.

I agree and should have included the other unethical stuff at work. But the stuff between him and his wife should stay just that. Believe it or not, there are abusive women in this world. Not saying that’s the case here. But there are reasons other then just being selfish for men to reach out to other women.

None of us has a clue how his wife treated him. We don't know anything about their relationship. So let's not be judge and jury here. This is between the two of them and is really not our place to pass judgement. The biggest issue is that he lied to his employer in an attempt to cover it up. The rest is his business.

Gotta argue with you about that, mjg.

Cover up a motorcycle accident and who was a passenger on the bike? Sure, that’s his business.

Interview your mistress and give her the job for a position in which they received 150+ qualified apllicants. Putting your side piece on the payroll? I don’t care HOW his wife treated him. That opens the door for me to judge.

Another adage I always try to live by… “Don’t sht where you eat", or as someone esle had once put it more eliquently, "Never put your dck in the payroll”!!!

His affairs are his business. His CRIMES are everyones business.

Does anyone ask how Sandusky’s wife treat him? Does anyone care?

You are right, though I was specifically referring only to the affair – the stuff between him and his wife. That’s their business. All the cover-up, hiring, etc. is public business for sure.