PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Pete Alexis' recent games

Here’s how Pete Alexis has been doing lately:

Dec. 29: 19 points in a 70 - 36 win over Hanover Twp.

Dec. 27: 17 points in a 61 - 32 win over Lake-Lehman

Dec. 23: 22 points in a 54 - 41 win over Myers HS of Wilkes-Barre

Dec. 20: 30 points in a 66 - 62 3OT win over Bethlehem Freedom

Dec. 18: 14 points in a 48 - 44 win over Abington heights

He’s having a solid senior season against so-so competition. But he’s 6’11" and 265 lbs - that’s good size for the Big Ten.

Thanks - but there’s a reason this thread exists.

Roger that. This is just the executive summary.

Santini where are you from. I graduated from Hanover not too many people call It Hanover Twp.

Nice!

I’m starting to think this kid might give us a pretty decent inside threat. He has the size. If he gets stronger, no one will be able to move him. And it appears he has a good touch too. I’m looking forward to seeing him play next year.

I hope Alexis will have an impact next season, it’s usually hard to tell if freshman will have an impact or not.

Originally from Hazleton. Live in Connecticut now, but have a family home in Nuangola. Good friend of mine went to Hanover - she called it Hangover Township. 8)

Pete is the kind of kid that Bo Ryan has been recruiting out of the hinterlands of Wisconsin and Minnesota for years and turning them into solid post players. At 265 lbs, he probably won’t be pushed around all that much. Ackerman seems to be a little skinnier and might need to put on some weight before he becomes effective.

I think the real indication of Pete’s effectiveness next year will be in the PIAA playoffs when he plays against bigger, stronger kids.

[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:1703"]I'm starting to think this kid might give us a pretty decent inside threat. He has the size. If he gets stronger, no one will be able to move him. And it appears he has a good touch too. I'm looking forward to seeing him play next year.[/quote]

Pete is the kind of kid that Bo Ryan has been recruiting out of the hinterlands of Wisconsin and Minnesota for years and turning them into solid post players. At 265 lbs, he probably won’t be pushed around all that much. Ackerman seems to be a little skinnier and might need to put on some weight before he becomes effective.

I think the real indication of Pete’s effectiveness next year will be in the PIAA playoffs when he plays against bigger, stronger kids.

Under Bo Ryan, this kid would be instantly red-shirted. that what he does with his bigs

To borrow a phrase from another thread, I will need to give him the eyeball test.

At 6’11", I need to see how he’s getting those points. That means much more than just a boxscore. If he is simply using his size to get easy scores, you know that won’t fly in the BIG TEN !!!

As I have said many, many times, you cannot expect a true freshman big man to have much of an impact in the BIG TEN. He’s not a first round NBA pick in 2012 !!!

Unfortunately, he’ll be asked to have an impact.

As I have said many, many times, you cannot expect a true freshman big man to have much of an impact in the BIG TEN. He's not a first round NBA pick in 2012 !!!

Unfortunately, he’ll be asked to have an impact.

Exactly he won’t have a choice. Not that I don’t think Peter will be a nice player at PSU but that competition he’s up against is so-so at best and anyone of his size should be dominating at that level.
[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:1703"]I'm starting to think this kid might give us a pretty decent inside threat. He has the size. If he gets stronger, no one will be able to move him. And it appears he has a good touch too. I'm looking forward to seeing him play next year.[/quote]

To borrow a phrase from another thread, I will need to give him the eyeball test.

At 6’11", I need to see how he’s getting those points. That means much more than just a boxscore. If he is simply using his size to get easy scores, you know that won’t fly in the BIG TEN !!!

As I have said many, many times, you cannot expect a true freshman big man to have much of an impact in the BIG TEN. He’s not a first round NBA pick in 2012 !!!

I’ve seen him a couple of times last year. The kid is solid and has really good hands. Granted he does get a lot of points from his size advantage you still have guys posting him up.