PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

PennStateHoops.com FF 2011

I couldn’t find a suitable thread for me to rant and complain in about the injustice that is FF, so I made a new one. I am currently 4th in the league in points, but have had 123 more points scored against me than any other team. I have 27 more points than anyone in my division, yet am sitting in last place!? That blows my mind.

Should I just join the SEC, or can I hire a new defensive coordinator??

(This is the second straight year (out of only 2 years) this crap has happened to me in our league. I almost think you guys have a conspiracy against me :P).

[quote=“State4Life, post:1, topic:2903”]I couldn’t find a suitable thread for me to rant and complain in about the injustice that is FF, so I made a new one. I am currently 4th in the league in points, but have had 123 more points scored against me than any other team. I have 27 more points than anyone in my division, yet am sitting in last place!? That blows my mind.

Should I just join the SEC, or can I hire a new defensive coordinator??

(This is the second straight year (out of only 2 years) this crap has happened to me in our league. I almost think you guys have a conspiracy against me :P).[/quote]

I’ve never been a fan of the “most points scored” tiebreaker. In my league me and one of my buddies tied for 6th at 7-6 (6 teams make playoffs). I beat him TWICE head to head in the regular season, but he scored more points then me so he got the last playoff spot…a travesty ;D

I am leading my league in points and right now I am in 6th place. Seems like I am the guy that scores about 105 point/week while I get put up against a guy that scores 135 points. Just like last week. This is three years in a row.

My main $$$ league started as a total points league 30 years ago. About a dozen years ago we added head-to-head, but total points still wins the overall title and garners the most $$$. Best team wins every year and we still get to rag on each other in our weekly matchups.

That’s a good solution - maybe we should do that next season?

[quote="NittanyIllini, post:4, topic:2903"]My main $$$ league started as a total points league 30 years ago. About a dozen years ago we added head-to-head, but total points still wins the overall title and garners the most $$$. Best team wins every year and we still get to rag on each other in our weekly matchups.[/quote] That's a good solution - maybe we should do that next season?

I’ve played in many leagues (mostly head-to-head) and what I like about my one big $$$ league is we all play the entire year out through Week 17. There is no “playoff” system.

Not sure how the money is split, but I think it’s a 75/25, total points/best record deal. So the team with the most points gets the most money but, bigger yet, is crowned the “champion”. Also, the weekly winner gets $25, so even if you are out of it by week 15 or so, there’s still something to play for in weeks 16 and 17.

I got hosed in my big $$ league. Beat the guy 2x and had identical records. He got the last playoff spot over me. I’m all for the head to head tiebreaker :smiley: