6:00 p.m. - 2001 Big Ten Basketball Tournament: Penn State vs. Michigan State

Wednesday, July 28
6:00 p.m. - 2008 Nittany Lion Basketball vs. Indiana

Thursday, July 29
6:00 p.m. - 2001 NCAA Basketball Tournament: Penn State vs. North Carolina

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/072010aaa.html

I wish they would show the PSU@UK game with the Crispins. :frowning:

Oliver Stone says that the BigTenNetwork does not want to embarrass Tubby

You know, the more I think about that Kentucky game…does anyone else think Tubby may have put a “hex” on the PSU program after the game. Kind of like that goat who put a “hex” on the Chicago Cubbies. I always wonder why Tubby has that rye smile on his face when he coaches against PSU.
Who’s with me on this??

Ollie :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“tundra, post:4, topic:1268”]You know, the more I think about that Kentucky game…does anyone else think Tubby may have put a “hex” on the PSU program after the game. Kind of like that goat who put a “hex” on the Chicago Cubbies. I always wonder why Tubby has that rye smile on his face when he coaches against PSU.
Who’s with me on this??

Ollie :P[/quote]

A hex? Um, the rest of that season went pretty well. Or do you mean a hex that was to begin the following season?

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:1268"]You know, the more I think about that Kentucky game...............does anyone else think Tubby may have put a "hex" on the PSU program after the game. Kind of like that goat who put a "hex" on the Chicago Cubbies. I always wonder why Tubby has that rye smile on his face when he coaches against PSU. Who's with me on this??

A hex? Um, the rest of that season went pretty well. Or do you mean a hex that was to begin the following season?

The hex that keeps us from beating him ever since?

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:1268"]You know, the more I think about that Kentucky game...............does anyone else think Tubby may have put a "hex" on the PSU program after the game. Kind of like that goat who put a "hex" on the Chicago Cubbies. I always wonder why Tubby has that rye smile on his face when he coaches against PSU. Who's with me on this??

Yeah, kind of a “screwball hex.” Can’t tell went it’s going to work…but went it does…look out!!
Also, the kind of “hex” that makes a 5th play team better than a 4th place team in the same league!

Mebby Tubby pulls a Bobby Knight vs Purdue motivational maneuver when he’s prepping for Penn State.

the old 35/90 - 42/70 hex

I know there are about 100 PSU games I’d rather see than Indiana '08. I called Siegrist to complain. It’s not his fault. Done at the Fox level but I have no idea who selected them. How about just off the top of my head…
Purdue '94
Indiana '96
Temple '98
Kentucky '00
Illinois '01
Michigan State '09
Illinois '09 (home)?

While the 01 NCAA UNC game is the more notable/memorable game, I think that the 01 BTT MSU game is the better basketball game. Our ag school roots were showing in that game, because the bench was milked for all it was worth, and then some.

[quote=“djones, post:9, topic:1268”]I know there are about 100 PSU games I’d rather see than Indiana '08. I called Siegrist to complain. It’s not his fault. Done at the Fox level but I have no idea who selected them. How about just off the top of my head…
Purdue '94
Indiana '96
Temple '98
Kentucky '00
Illinois '01
Michigan State '09
Illinois '09 (home)?[/quote]

I agree. I was hoping for some new ones. Any from your list would be good. How 'bout the game at Illinois where we broke their home game win streak? I think the streak was around 33 games. What year was that - '06?

[quote=“tundra, post:4, topic:1268”]You know, the more I think about that Kentucky game…does anyone else think Tubby may have put a “hex” on the PSU program after the game. Kind of like that goat who put a “hex” on the Chicago Cubbies. I always wonder why Tubby has that rye smile on his face when he coaches against PSU.
Who’s with me on this??

Tuby put a hex on us? …just for the games against him? I think Dunn dropped a mirror on a black cat at the end of the season.

I think a long, long time ago, Tim Curley’s ancestor was driving a chariot over that backed over Jesus’s dog !!!

Watched the second half of the 2001 BTT game between #3 MSU and PSU. Good stuff.

What I don’t understand is how that was a quarterfinal game (first round? quarter final = 8 teams). MSU was probably the #1 or #2 seed, so wouldn’t that make PSU one of the worst seeds? They made the tournament though… I’m assuming the BTT format was different - only explanation… or I’m dumb.

[quote=“noobd, post:13, topic:1268”]Watched the second half of the 2001 BTT game between #3 MSU and PSU. Good stuff.

What I don’t understand is how that was a quarterfinal game (first round? quarter final = 8 teams). MSU was probably the #1 or #2 seed, so wouldn’t that make PSU one of the worst seeds? They made the tournament though… I’m assuming the BTT format was different - only explanation… or I’m dumb.[/quote]

MSU was the 2 seed and PSU the 7 seed. We went 7-9 in the Big Ten that season. The format of the Big Ten Tourney was the same then as it is now.

You are correct on all 3 accounts: I agree that that would have been a much better choice than the Indy game, It was early 006 (during the 05-06 season), and the streak was at 33 games. That was one of the games that popped in my head when reading this thread.

Also it was a loss so it wouldn’t be shown during a PSU week, but how about that Indiana game a Rec in the early 90s (1990, maybe)? I’ve never seen that game, but have heard all about it and want to watch it.

Oh. I wrongly assumed that the “quarterfinals” were the first round and I also wrongly assumed that the #3 team in the nation would be the #1 seed.

[quote="blue2blue, post:11, topic:1268"]I agree. I was hoping for some new ones. Any from your list would be good. How 'bout the game at Illinois where we broke their home game win streak? I think the streak was around 33 games. What year was that - '06?[/quote] You are correct on all 3 accounts: I agree that that would have been a much better choice than the Indy game, It was early 006 (during the 05-06 season), and the streak was at 33 games. That was one of the games that popped in my head when reading this thread.

Also it was a loss so it wouldn’t be shown during a PSU week, but how about that Indiana game a Rec in the early 90s (1990, maybe)? I’ve never seen that game, but have heard all about it and want to watch it.

They have shown that Indy game from the early 90’s ('93, I think?). I forget if it was one of the BTN’s Greatest Games or if it was on ESPN classic, but it was shown within the last year or so.