PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Penn State Takes On Minnesota Sunday

THON Day at the BJC, all single-game student ticket sales support THON 2012

It is THON student ticket day. Will help the crowd. Should be 7500 +

Lions hope for crisp start against Gophers

crossing the fingers that the students finally decide to show up

There will be a lot there because of THON, but they won’t come back for the next game.

[quote="TreysWay3, post:4, topic:2981"]crossing the fingers that the students finally decide to show up[/quote]

There will be a lot there because of THON, but they won’t come back for the next game.

Really think that the students themselves have done a poor job hyping up each game. Back with the big NIT season crowds there were facebook events for each game. Now it’s sort of word-of-mouth and no real hype. Which is a shame because they play good basketball at home.

[quote="TreysWay3, post:4, topic:2981"]crossing the fingers that the students finally decide to show up[/quote]

Really think that the students themselves have done a poor job hyping up each game. Back with the big NIT season crowds there were facebook events for each game. Now it’s sort of word-of-mouth and no real hype. Which is a shame because they play good basketball at home.

Completely agree with this. NN needs to help build the hype.

How would you guys like to hype this basketball team for students? I agree that there hasn’t been much in the way of advertising this year, but what could they really say to get the “average” basketball fan out? To them the team is just .500 with a 1-4 conference record. I’m also completely convinced basketball is the 4th favorite sport among students after hockey.

Hope we have a good showing against the Gophers this afternoon

Agreed. Wonder if any of the visiting football recruits will attend also?

Minnesota at Penn State Preview

They usually do but this is a late game and some of those guys could be up against the 48 hour limit so they will have departed already.

[quote="Jen In PA, post:10, topic:2981"]Agreed. Wonder if any of the visiting football recruits will attend also?[/quote]

They usually do but this is a late game and some of those guys could be up against the 48 hour limit so they will have departed already.

Is it 48 hours? I thought it was 24 in the Big Ten

[quote="Jen In PA, post:10, topic:2981"]Agreed. Wonder if any of the visiting football recruits will attend also?[/quote]

Is it 48 hours? I thought it was 24 in the Big Ten

It’s 48. You don’t honestly think the Big Ten would restrict kids to only being on campus for 24 hours do you? That would barely make a visit worthwhile.

Minnesota at Penn State Recap

Flaming out

Yes I did. I thought I read a few years ago it was 24 hours without travel time. Plus a few lacrosse recruits that were in for a visit this week were here only one day. I was shooting from the hip. I looked quick the other day and just found the part about being limited to three athletic events in one visit.