PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Penn State official Tim Curley is fighting lung cancer

his wife and attorney confirm.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/01/penn_state_official_vowing_to.html

Yikes, how ironic, sad. :frowning:

Bad air in the Lasch Building?

I think that’s unnecessary, at best. Best wishes to Tim and his family.

From that article, he’s been battling it for quite some time.

His office was in the BJC.

Bad air in the Lasch Building?

Wasn’t being a wiseguy. Two guys that have worked as close as Joepa and Tim being diagnosed with the same disease within weeks of each other. I don’t think it’s a fluke. And UncleLar has now since cleared it up that his office was in the BJC. However if I was PSU I would do an investigation of the ductwork in the Lasch.

Lasch Building is relatively new, asbestos-speaking.

Highest probability: a coincidence. From the NIH’s cancer site, Cancer Clusters.

Epidemiologists have identified certain circumstances that may lead them to suspect a potential common source or cause of cancer among people thought to be part of a cancer cluster. A suspected cancer cluster is more likely to be a true cluster, rather than a coincidence, if it involves one or more of the following factors:

A large number of cases of one type of cancer, rather than several different types.

A rare type of cancer, rather than common types.

An increased number of cases of a certain type of cancer in an age group that is not usually affected by that type of cancer.

This is terrible, terrible news.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:2, topic:2977"]Bad air in the Lasch Building?[/quote]

Wasn’t being a wiseguy. Two guys that have worked as close as Joepa and Tim being diagnosed with the same disease within weeks of each other. I don’t think it’s a fluke. And UncleLar has now since cleared it up that his office was in the BJC. However if I was PSU I would do an investigation of the ductwork in the Lasch.

The article says Tim has been fighting this since 2010.