PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Penn State Men's Basketball: Previewing No. 16 Illinois

Penn State Men’s Basketball: Previewing No. 16 Illinois

Looks like my Andrew “appreciation thread” may have worked. I think PSU has made him a player/coach!! :wink:

I’m always hoping that you’ll win, Andrew, but if you beat the Illini tomorrow, I will be a believer again.

Got to go hard after Tisdale. 2 of there 3 L’s he has fouled out. Chop down that 7 foot tree in the middle and it will open things up.

I think Tim and Talor can harass McCamey enough to throw him off, but the key I see if Tisdale.

I’m still picking the Illini to win due to the entire team’s incredible shot making abilities. Teams that shoot well will do well against PSU.

But, but, but…I’m beginning to believe that if PSU comes out as the aggressor underneath, that might go a long way to mess with the psyche of the Illini. We have the bodies, maybe not the overall height, to match up against the Illini’s bigs. One has to hope the refs reward the more aggressive team (hopefully PSU), because I really feel that PSU’s bigs are riding that confidence high after winning the battle down low vs a beefier Michigan State. The Illini are stick men compared to Sparty.

Now, how do you contain DJ Richardson and the Illini perimeter attack ???

PSU 38
Illini 33
(end of first half ;D)

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:1755”]I’m still picking the Illini to win due to the entire team’s incredible shot making abilities. Teams that shoot well will do well against PSU.

But, but, but…I’m beginning to believe that if PSU comes out as the aggressor underneath, that might go a long way to mess with the psyche of the Illini. We have the bodies, maybe not the overall height, to match up against the Illini’s bigs. One has to hope the refs reward the more aggressive team (hopefully PSU), because I really feel that PSU’s bigs are riding that confidence high after winning the battle down low vs a beefier Michigan State. The Illini are stick men compared to Sparty.

Now, how do you contain DJ Richardson and the Illini perimeter attack ???

PSU 38
Illini 33
(end of first half ;D)[/quote]
Maybe we can bring in the Jets strength coach and he can show us the proper use of our injured players on the sideline? :wink:

Illinois shooting has been just ridiculous of late, we gotta hope they cool off somewhat. We always seem to play them tough, if we can come out early with energy and our bigs are producing early and often like last game, we’ll have a heck of a shot in my mind. Also, we gotta figure Talor is gonna shoot better than last outing which we will gladly take ;D. Let’s Go!

True. Do you think a 3-2 zone could work early in the game with 3 guys on the perimeter guarding against 3 point shots? Switch between that and man-to-man and 1-3-1 as the game goes off. Contesting 3’s and forcing mid range off balance jump shots from the Illini could pay dividends. Then when you get the rebound, you immediately push the ball up the court and look for clear passing lanes. if none exist, then you run a set play and you can try to find the open man that way.

We need another great effort from our seniors and Marshall to win this game

I saw some tweets about the game tonight being a THON fundraiser. Hopefully that means a large student turnout, but no rushing the court when Penn State wins. :smiley:

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:4, topic:1755”]Got to go hard after Tisdale. 2 of there 3 L’s he has fouled out. Chop down that 7 foot tree in the middle and it will open things up.

I think Tim and Talor can harass McCamey enough to throw him off, but the key I see if Tisdale.[/quote]I really don’t see this happening if his head is in the game. He could pretty much have his way with either one if he needs to. As much as I love Talor’s game his D leaves a lot to be desired and McCamey could score at will on Tim if he needed/wanted to. He’s the key to their team when they are playing at a high level.

Penn State Men’s Basketball: Next Game Primer with Coach Earl - Illinois

thought this preview was funny

http://www.hailtotheorange.com/2011/1/11/1928944/fighting-illini-at-penn-state-preview-talor-battle-talor-battle-talor